eight

"Jesus, Belly! Did you really have to use all of the hot water!" I yelled at my best friend from inside the bathroom.

Last night felt like a fever dream. I ended up leaving Jere's room late last night to go to my own room. 

I figured it wouldn't be too good if someone walked in on us both sleeping in there.

Belly laughed from her room, and I rolled my eyes, wrapping a towel around my body. It was the day for the charity volleyball event, and I had to get ready to destroy the other teams with Jere.

Belly signed up for her and Taylor to be partners, so I had to beg Jeremiah to be mine.

It didn't take that much pleading honestly. We both loved the competition.

I walked out of the bathroom shivering and accidently bumped into Jere on the way out, "Oops, sorry," he grabbed my shoulders to steady me, "Uh, morning." 

I smiled at him, "Good morning Jerebear. Ready to win some volleyball?"

He chuckled and sent me one of his gorgeous smiles, "Yeah, totally. Look I-I don't want to rush you or anything, but I do want to talk about what happened last night."

Oh, God

Did he regret it happening or something?

I started to stutter, and my cheeks flushed, "Uh yeah, trust me I do too. Let's just figure it all out after the charity event."

His eyes snapped down to the towel I had wrapped around my body, and I suddenly remembered that I was practically naked, "My eyes are up here, Jere," I playfully shoved his shoulder, "I should probably go get dressed."

"Uh, yeah-yeah see you later," he said turning away.

I really hope he wasn't regretting what happened last night, because I wasn't.

-

I changed into a pair of black spandex shorts and the shirt I got for the tournament. Jere insisted that we wore a light purple color because it 'brought out my eyes' or something.

A loud ding sent me flying out of my desk chair and stumbling down the stairs. Belly and Taylor were already hugging at the door, and I crashed into them both, swinging my arms around them.

Taylor laughed, "Geez, I know I'm awesome, but I didn't know you missed me that much Lauren!"

I chuckled and smiled at them, "We really need to have a girl's day soon."

Things were getting a bit stressful in Cousins with Belly and Conrad's conflicting relationship, the moms acting weird, and whatever happened with Jere and I last night.

"What's the latest with you two?" Taylor asked Belly as we walked into the house and up the stairs.

Belly sighed, "There's so much to go over."

My eyes widened, "Tell me about it." 

They both gave me shocked expressions and took my arms, pulling me up the stairs.

-

"Are you shitting me?" Taylor squealed and jumped on top of me after I told the girls what happened with Jeremiah last night.

I blushed and groaned, shoving my face into Belly's pillow, "Look, I don't really know what's going to happen, I just don't want to mess anything up."

Belly let out a laugh, "Lauren, if that's what you're worried about, then you are crazy. Everyone in this house has shipped you and Jere since you guys were like 10."