sixteen

Feeling the car slow to a stop, I wiped my eyes and stretched my arms, looking around in a daze, "Where are we?"

Jeremiah smiled at me, "Brown. You slept the whole drive."

My eyes widened. Normally, I couldn't ever get good sleep in a car, I guess staying up all night really tired me out.

Hearing one of the car doors open, I looked out my window to see Conrad waving at us, "You got this Con," I hyped him up for his test.

"Yeah," Belly said from the back seat, "It's cool if you don't, but I-I think you do."

Conrad smirked, "Thanks. I'll see you guys after."

I waved goodbye and turned to look at Jere and Belly, "So, what do you guys want to do?" I asked.

"I can show you around Finch," Jere offered, "It's like, 15 minutes away from here."

I smiled at him, "Yeah, yeah, that would be cool!"

Belly was looking between us from the backseat and glanced over at Conrad's test building, "I think I'm just gonna wait here until his test is over... you guys go though."

Furrowing my brows, I looked at her, "Are you sure?"

She nodded before stepping out the door, "I'll see you guys soon!"

After waving at her, I looked back over at Jere and he tapped his steering wheel, "Onward!"

-

"Wow," I looked at the fancy buildings around us, "This is nice!"

Jere smiled, "Alright, so these are my... these are my dorms."

He gestured towards the taller gray brick building and I looked up at it, "It literally looks like it's a part of Hogwarts or something!"

"God, you are a total nerd!" Jeremiah laughed.

I gasped and hit his shoulder, "I am not! Steven used to talk to me about his dramione fanfic a lot."

He shook his head, "I'm not even gonna ask about that one."

Stepping into his dorm building, I looked around at the empty halls and ran my hand along a railing, "So, have you made a plan to sneak me in here yet?" I teased.

Jere smirked, "Not yet, but I have my ways."

I let out a laugh, "So secretive..."

He moved closer and wrapped his arms around my waist, while I stretched mine around his neck.

Jere let out a small chuckle, "No, but Nick is going to be my roommate and he likes you so he'll help me find a way."

I smiled, remembering when I met Nick after I visited Boston to watch Jere's football game with Susannah.

"I'm glad we are getting some time alone," Jere admitted, "Summer hasn't exactly been as I would have pictured it so far."

"Yeah," I nodded in agreement, "At least everything ended up alright, though."

"Could you have imagined if we actually lost the house?" he asked.

"I don't want to think about that, it's too sad," I said with a small laugh before leaning up and placing a small kiss on his lips.

"Now come on," I grabbed his hand, "You have to show me the rest of this school."

-

"Alright, you ready for this?" I asked, walking out of the gift shop to see Jere waiting for me.

I pulled the Finch sweatshirt I bought out of the bag, and held it up so he could see. Jere smiled at my happy expression.

"Isn't it cute?" I asked before pulling the sweatshirt over my head.