Encouragement

“So how did it go?” Biana asked as soon as she saw Fitz appear at the gates of Everglen.

“I have a girlfriend now,” Fitz answered with a smirk.

“Woohoo!” Biana exclaimed, “So when’s the wedding?”

“You know we’re too young for that, Sophie’s only 17, and I haven’t graduated yet.”

“Awweee, so I have to wait a year for a wedding?! That's too long!”

“Right,” Fitz sighed, “I’m going to bed.”

“Did you hear?” prodigies said as Sophie arrived in Foxfire.

“Yeah Sophie and Fitz Vacker.” 

The rumors had spread like fire in one day, Sophie thought.

The worst one was, “She doesn’t deserve him.”

Don’t they know I can hear them? Sophie thought.

“SOPHIE!” a familiar voice called as she reached her locker. 

Sophie turned around to face a beaming Biana. “Yes?” Sophie was almost scared to ask.

“How was your date?” she asked.

“Amazing. But I don’t think people are happy with the weird girl dating almost elven royalty.” Sophie sighed.

Biana just shook her head, “How many times do you need to hear the ‘you’re not weird, you’re unique and one of the best people we know’ speech?”

“But-” Sophie started and Baina cut her off.

“Sophie, my brother chose you. You love him and he loves you. Also, no matter who he chose, there would’ve always been rumors and jealousy.”

Sophie hadn’t realized how much she needed to hear those words, she hugged Biana and she hugged her back. “Thanks,” Sophie whispered.

“No problem,” Biana separated and beamed, “But for your next date, I’m doing your makeover.”

For once Sophie didn’t argue, she knew she was going to need her for her makeup once in a while anyway. The Foxfire bells rang and they headed to class.

Sorry it was so short. I promise I'm working on the next chapter.