Telling The Parents And Public

After the quadruple date, the couples went home for bed, figuring that their families could wait an extra 10 hours before they told them about their engagements. So the adults were very surprised to be summoned over to Everglen the next morning. Sophie and her friends decided that it was best to gather all the adults in one place and tell them. 

"I hope nothing happened," Edaline said, nervously tying her cape. "3 years ago we were only  summoned when you kids were risking your lives fighting the Neverseen."

"Mom its nothing like that," Sophie assured her.

"How can you know?" 

"Because Fitz hailed me," Sophie white lied, "He said that its actually good news."

Edaline noticeably relaxed. Grady walked into the bedroom and asked, "So are we ready?"

"Yep." Edaline and Sophie said. 

They leapt to Everglen to find the Redek family, Tiergan, Prentice, Della, Alden, and the Dizznee family, along with all of Sophie's friends that were on the quadruple date. 

"What's going on Alden?" Grady asked.

"I'm not to sure, Fitz and Biana requested that I summon all of you," Alden answered. 

Everyone looked at the Vacker siblings. Sophie subtly put her hand in her pocket and slipped on her engagement ring, then walked over to Fitz and held his hand. So did Marella, Linh, and Biana. (They held the hands of their boyfriends)

"Kids what happened?" Teirgen asked.

"Well um..." Linh started.

"We're Engaged!" the group said in unison. 

It took a moment for the adults to register what they had said then all hell broke loose. The adults crowded over their kids, hugging them. The female adults were already discussing wedding decorations among themselves. And the adult males were teasing their sons, Alden wanted to know why Fitz didn't tell him about proposing, but was too happy to actually get a reply. 

"Wait...Why isn't Grady going all overprotective again?" Della asked.

Grady smirked, "Because Fitz consulted me a month ago, asking for my blessing to marry Sophie. I knew he'd eventually do it."

Alden looked at Fitz, "When was this?"

"The night where we had the sleepover and came back from a dare shouting 'you'll have to deal with an almost engaged couple!'"

"So That's what the hail was about," Alden realized. 

Fitz nodded.

******

5 Hours Later

"We demand to know the news about Ms. Foster," Councilor Emery said as he glimmered into Everglen with all 12 councilors. Alden had sent them a message 10 minutes ago saying that there are news about Sophie. And the Council assumed that since Sophie is always in mortal danger that this time was no different...Except they found a completely fine Sophie coming out of the kitchen eating Mallowmelt.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Councilor Alina snapped, "We thought Ms. Foster had disappeared again!"

"I didn't say that," Alden said as he walked out of his office with Fitz and Biana. "I said I had news. And I do. Son do you want to tell them?"

"Uh sure," Fitz walked over to Sophie and squeezed her hand. "We're engaged."

Sophie leaned up and kissed his cheek which immediately got him blushing.

"I'm so happy for you." Oralie said.

"Thanks," Sophie muttered. 

Emery sighed, "Looks like we're going to need to send scrolls."

"Wait!" Sophie said as they got out their leaping crystals, "Our friends are engaged too."

Emery took 25 seconds to register that, then said, "Well, thank you for informing us." Then they leaped away.

******

3 Hours Later

A scroll appeared in every Elvin household that stated: 

Dear Elves,

We are happy to inform you that the 2 strongest telepaths of our world are engaged. Sophie Foster will be marrying Fitz Vacker. Also, most Members of Team Valiant are engaged. Dexter Alvin Dizznee will be marrying Marella Redek. Biana Vacker will be marrying Tam Song. And Wylie Endal will be marrying Linh Song. We hope that you will support them as they have the full support of the Matchmakers as well as the Council.

-The Councillors