Practicing Parenthood?!

After about an hour of fun Fitz decided that it was time for a break and brought the 2 girls to a café where they had the Elvin equivalent of Hot Chocolate.

"That was probably the best hour of my entire life," Sophie exclaimed. The gold specks in her eyes shone brighter every second they were at Frostale.

"Glad you liked it, and hey, we even got practice for parenthood," Fitz said smiling.

Sophie had to use all her willpower not to cough out her drink, "Parenthood!?"

"Yeah, but only after we get married, then we'll start our own family," Fitz replied. "I'm thinking 2 or 3 kids. And at least one has to have brown eyes."

Sophie's brain was processing this slower than she wanted it to, "But having kids means..."

"That we'll have to do the dare I say the S word?"

"God No! I was going to say responsibilities!" Sophie said blushing hard on both hers and Fitz's words.

"Fitz? What's the S word?" Aster asked innocently, drinking her hot chocolate.

"Erm well..." Fitz hesitantly replied.

Sophie saved him, "Lets just say that you'll know what it is when you're his age. And let's hope that you don't use it a lot."

"Why is it bad?" Aster asked again.

"Kinda?" Fitz replied.

"It's bad when you don't know what it means and don't understand it fully. And because it's bad, let's not talk about it anymore!" Sophie said, eager to change the subject.

Next time, let's have this conversation telepathically, Sophie transmitted.

So there's going to be a next time? Fitz asked.

Yeah, we'll need it when we get married. Sophie answered and Fitz blushed, What? You date someone for half a year, the idea forms in the back of your mind somewhere right?

Yeah.

"Fitz? Why are you and Sophie staring at each other like that?" Aster asked. She was genuinely confused.

"UUMM..." the couple replied, unsure of how to explain telepathic conversations.

Should I tell her about telepathy or that you're my future wife? Both are true and convincing, Fitz transmitted.

Sophie blushed hard and was luckily saved from an answer when a familiar voice called out, "Hey is that you Sophie?"

Sophie turned around to find Dex, Marella...and all 3 of Dex's siblings.

"Hey Dex. Let me guess, you're on babysitting duty?" Sophie asked, standing up to hug her cousin.

"Well kinda...Its more like a date. But the people that suggested this place also wanted to come, and needed access to a pathfinder." Dex said, looking at his siblings that were ordering hot chocolate. "But what are you doing here?"

"Well..." Sophie glanced over to Fitz and Aster, "You could say that I'm on babysitting duty."

Dex frowned, "But you don't have younger siblings or cousins, except for my siblings."

Sophie sighed, "Fitz does."

Fitz came up to meet Dex and Marella with Aster in his hand. He looked at Aster and said, "Aster, he's Sophie's cousin, and she's his girlfriend."

Dex slouched down to Aster's eye length. "Hi there, I'm Dex." He looked around the café and found his siblings paying for the hot chocolate. "And the 3 kids over there are my 2 brothers and sister." He pointed to Rex, Bex, and Lex, then turned to Marella, "And she's my girlfriend, Marella."

Aster nodded shyly, then glanced at Fitz to say, "You didn't tell me why you and Sophie were staring at each other."

Marella looked exasperated, "Still?" she asked Sophie and Fitz.

"What? It's better than having a 3 year old hear a conversation they're not ready for," Fitz defended.

"You do realize that basically confirms you two were flirting," Dex said standing up. 

Fitz and Sophie blushed while Dex sighed.

He told Aster, "Your cousin and Sophie are both telepaths and can talk to each other with their minds. And they may say that staring at each other gives more focus, but they simply like to look at each other."

Fitz and Sophie's blush deepened.

"Telepaths?" Aster asked, "Is that like how cousin Biana can turn invisible and uncle Orem has those light thingies?"

"Yup!" Marella confirmed.

Sophie changed the subject before this led to how she had more than 3 abilities. "How about we go have some fun at the Frozen castle?"

"YES!" Aster squealed and took Sophie and Fitz by the hand and dragged them outside. 

Sorry for the short chapter but I was kinda out of ideas...Of course now that I've written it, I know what to do next.