Another Chance At Love (Jimin)

.

.

"...So you want me to come to this rooftop party filled with drunk guys, judgemental girls from high school, and no food; but alcohol?" The line went silent before you heard Ara assure you about the night you were in for.

"Yep, that's right. Y/n, you acting like you have other plans for tonight. Come out and try to have some fun!" You remained silent as you pulled the phone away from your ear and tugged on your hoodie.

"Honestly, I want you to get out and be with other people...your breakup left you mourning over someone who did nothing but hurt you." You couldn't bring yourself to argue with what was right. Your past relationship with Mark was too much to handle. 

Almost every day there was a new argument involving Mark's harsh drinking habits and other substance abuse. With you working a lot of overtime between college classes, he would complain about you making no time for him; and even nearly resulted in physical violence.

Luckily Ara was down the street and a phone calls away.

Along with everyone who knew about both of you, you were also confused as to why you were upset about finally leaving him.

Perhaps no matter how toxic the relationship was, a breakup is still a breakup.

You let off a deep sigh before bringing the phone back to your face and assured Ara about your presence. You both hung up before you started getting ready.

You lay sprawled onto your bed for a brief moment and thought about whether you really wanted to go to this party...but then again, you really didn't have anything else to do. After putting your phone on the charger, you rolled out of bed and made your way to the closet. 

Since you weren't too sure about the dress code, you settled on tan Yeezy slides to match your cropped tank top and olive green ripped shorts. 

"Damn, is this the best I can do?"

You figured that since you're a little lost on the clothing choice, you'd make up for it with makeup, hair, and accessories.

While in the bathroom, you quickly hopped in the shower and began to wash and exfoliate. You hate to admit it, but your lack of self-care was very evident in how you looked. From dry skin to your dark-eye circles, you looked half dead. 

After your much-needed shower, your phone rang once more, showing Ara's name on the screen.

"Damn, I just got out of the shower Ara; it's only been thirty minutes-" you were instantly cut off by Ara's dramatic shushing before you heard a very familiar voice.

"It's nice to see you again Ara..." The voice faded into others talking as you guessed Ara was in a crowd of some sort.  You remained silent for a few more minutes before Ara began speaking to you again.

"I know you heard that fine ass voice." You could feel her smiling hard as hell on the other side of the phone. With her goofy ass, she was probably doing a little dance too. "Jimin is back in town, now you HAVE to pull up." 

Suddenly, your social anxiety went out the window.

"ALRIGHT, alright! I'll be another hour at most. It's only midnight so I know everyone worth seeing is just now showing up." Before she could distract you any further, you quickly hung up and started on your hair and makeup.

Your hair was already in a jet black, middle part wig installed by Ara and you've only had it in for a few days now. According to Ara, '...you can look good while sulking in your apartment." You made sure to brush through your hair and even re-straightening it before moving to your makeup. You decided on a light look with a bold wing liner and neutral-toned eye shadow combination.