prologue

"Mommy, daddy! Help me! Let go of me!" Ariana screeched, two men grabbing her by the arms and dragging her thrashing body out of the room.

"Make her shut up."

"Yes sir," said one of the men. They pulled her out of the room and around the corner, pinning her down onto the ground. She cried out, trying to get out of the men's painful grip.

Luke Hobbs chuckled, watching the ten year old disappear in the shadows of the hallway. "She's a pretty one. She's going to grow up to be a fine little lady."

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," Edward Butera spat out, glaring at the taller man.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Hobbs mocked, grinning. He stared at Edward and his wife, Joan Grande, whose arms were both bound behind their backs to a metal pole.

"Do whatever you want to us. Just don't hurt my baby," Joan said weakly, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Hmm.. Let me think about that." The dark-skinned man pulled out his gun from the holster of his pants, and tapped his chin with the barrel of the gun, circling the couple. "How about.. No," he deadpanned.

Cocking the gun, he aimed it at Edward. "You know, it would be a shame if she lost her parents. The Butera gang wouldn't have their leader anymore."

Edward swallowed the lump in his throat, but kept a stone hard face. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. My whole gang is out looking for us, and they will know exactly who did this. They won't stop until they catch you, Hobbs."

"Catch me? With their leader gone, who will they look up to? Your gang will become shambles, Butera. Admit it, you lost."

"What is this, a game? What's the prize?" Edward questioned. He started smirking. "'Cause if it is, I've been beating your gang's ass for the past 27 years."

Hobbs scowled. "You know, at some point, it has to be game over. And this is yours."

From the ground, Joan could see his finger rest onto the gun's trigger. Fear overwhelmed her.

"Ariana," she yelled, wanting to make her last words count. "Baby, I know you're listening. This isn't game over. Not for you. You gotta fight through this, you have to win. Ari, you're a strong little girl. You don't lose, you hear me? You do not lose! I love you, mija. Your daddy and I love you so much."

Joan sobbed, burying her head into Edward's neck. Edward kissed his wife's head before leaning his head back onto the pole, locking eyes with Hobbs.

His finger eased the trigger, rolling his eyes at the scene. "I still remember the first words you said to me, Butera."

His finger pressed the trigger, Ariana's screams echoing in the empty house.

"Get lost."

trailer is up, on top if you're on computer and mobile
or search up 'lost (fanfiction trailer) jariana' and it's by pauline on youtube

- biebuhftari