08

STORY RECAP: Jason McCann and Ariana Butera were best friends when they were younger, but a tragic incident happened that tore the two apart. Luke Hobbs, the Butera gang's enemy and Ariana's parents' murderer, is out to get Ariana, which Jason is making sure will never happen. Ariana goes missing and Jason moves to LA. Now, after eight years, they are finally reunited, now as Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, when Chaz, Jason's best friend and a member of his gang, found Ariana working in an old diner. After Chaz saw her living conditions, Justin hires her as his maid, and she moves in with them.

CHAPTER 07 RECAP: Ryan and Kendall left for their one year anniversary date, and the rest of the boys are nowhere to be found. Ariana and Justin are alone for the day, and they went shopping together after Ariana made them both breakfast. They ended the day by watching Insidious 3, and just as Justin asked Ariana what happened that made her like how she was, Ryan and Kendall burst through the door, blood running down their body from the cuts and their clothes torn to shreds.

"Ariana Butera! Jason McCann!" Joan yelled up the staircase onto the second floor, hoping to catch the attention of the two laughing kids upstairs. "Get your butts down here!"

There was a moment of silence before two pairs of pattering feet bolted down the stairs, the two giggling as they approached Ariana's mother.

"You called?" Ariana asked, nudging the other boy to quit his giggling.

Joan rolled her eyes playfully, adjusting the bag on her shoulder and grabbing the keys from the key holder by the door. "I was just calling you to let you know that I'm about to leave for a meeting and you two will be home alone for a couple of hours."

Ariana glared at Jason, who began smirking, before turning back to her mother. "Okay, what time will you be home?"

"Around eight o'clock, maybe. Depends."

"That's fine. Jason and I will be fine, and I know what to do in case anything happens," Ariana reassured her mother, patting her on the back and leading her out the door.

"I'm trusting you, mija," she told her daughter sternly. She looked back inside the house at Jason, "And you too mister! I can forbid any communication between you two like that!" She snapped her finger for emphasis.

Jason raised his hands with innocence, but taking the threat to heart. He would die if he could never see Ariana again. That was a world he wouldn't want to step into. "Bye mom, I promise nothing will happen! See you tonight."

Joan nodded, "Bye mijo. Bye baby, te amo."

Ariana kissed her mother on the cheek, "Te amo tambien."

She waved to her mother as Joan boarded the car, thanking the chauffeur and driving out of the driveway and down the streets. Ariana went back inside the house and locked the doors behind her. She found Jason lazily sitting on the couch in their living room, flipping through the TV channels as Ariana flopped down on the seat besides him.

"I want to watch Criminal Minds!" Ariana yelped, seeing Spencer Reid flash on the TV screen for a split second as Jason was aimlessly going through all the channels.

Jason chuckled, switching back to the channel just as Reid finished up giving his informational input that would help the case. "Don't you get enough of all this killing and mystery from real life?"

Ariana shrugged, snuggling closer to Jason to capture his body heat as he grabbed a blanket from nearby, throwing it over their two bodies.

"I just like to stare at Spencer. He's super cute."