10

"What if you hid in my room, under my bed? They'll never find you."

"No."

"Or you can handcuff yourself to your door and tell them you won't uncuff yourself until your parents say that you aren't going."

"Um, no thank you. I'm not going to get handcuffed to a door, out of all things."

"How about I'LL handcuff myself to you, so you can't leave?"

"Ariana, what the.. You're crazy, you know that?"

The two were sitting on Jason's twin bed, Ariana running off all the 'good ideas' she had that could keep Jason from going on his family trip to Canada to visit his grandparents.

Ariana giggled, shrugging her shoulders as if the idea was normal. "Yes, because I'm crazy for you!" She playfully winked, wrapping her arms around the older boy's body, squeezing him into a tight hug as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. She batted her eyelashes at him, as if that was going to convince him even more.

Jason chuckled, falling backwards onto the bed, causing her to follow in suit. He readjusted themselves so that Jason's arms were wrapped around hers, bringing her body closer to his into a warm embrace.

"You better be, missy because I'm absolutely insane for you."

She dug her face into his neck, loving the scent that lingered on his body. She couldn't stand to be away from him for so long. "I'm going to miss you so much, J."

"I know, I'm going to miss you too," he kissed her on the head. "But don't worry, Ari. I'm only going to be gone for two weeks."

"That's way too long," Ariana mumbled, wrapping her legs around his torso like a koala. She closed her eyes, trying to ignore how hard her heart was pounding in her chest. She instead focused on Jason's breathing and how his hands were rubbing her back in smooth circles reassuringly.

"You can call me anytime you want, and we can Facetime every night. I'm only one call away. And we'll text of course, when we can't call. Technology is an amazing thing," Jason said, in hopes of making her feel better. He hated when Ariana was sad. "Then before you know it, I'll be back home and we can cuddle for days if you want."

Ariana moved her head up so that she was facing Jason. He stared down at her and smiled sadly. "I love you," Jason said, before pressing his lips on her forehead.

Ariana closed her eyes and returned the smile."I love you, too. But god damn it, I wish we could just stay like this in your arms forever," she whispered. "No gangs, no danger, no worries. Just have normal lives."

She felt him tighten his grip on her. "Me too."

It's been five years since Jason last saw his grandparents. Ariana knew that he should go, not only for the sake of just seeing his grandparents, but it's hard for both his parents and him since Pattie and Jeremy have such dangerous jobs. They never know what might happen to any of them because of a mission. But the same goes to Ariana when Jason leaves her for the two weeks.

As selfish as she sounded, Ariana just hated not being near or around Jason. She grew up with him by her side every single day. There was never a day where she didn't see him, or at least know that he was just a couple blocks down. For the next fourteen days, he'll be a thousand, three hundred and thirty two miles away and it scared her that he's going to be so far away from her.

Jason was her everything, and her worst fear was losing him.

justin's pov

I entered our gang's secret vault, adjusting the sleeves of the black, long sleeved shirt that I had on. Glancing around the white room, I made a mental head count of everyone who was here and who wasn't.