06

Joan ran around the kitchen, opening up the drawers and whipping out the papers that she needed. Throwing them in a pile on the counter, she moved to grab their stashed weapons, that were hidden around the kitchen just in case of an emergency.

Edward cocked his gun before shoving it into his holster at the belt of his pants. He was just about to head out, when he saw a glimpse of his little girl standing at the doorway, fear written all over her face.

"Ariana. What did I tell you? You know what that bell is for! I'm going to need you to go to the emergency room."

"But daddy, are you coming with me?"

He held in his pity. "No, I'm not. Now go."

She turned to her mother, eyes tearing up. "Mommy? I don't want to go alone.." Edward grabbed the gun from Joan's hand, slipping it into the holster on the other side of his waist as his wife cried out.

Joan grabbed Ariana's arm and pulled her back towards the kitchen door, a little too harshly. Edward didn't say anything; this was for Ariana's safety. "Ariana Butera! I don't care if you don't want to be alone! We are in an emergency and I need you to be safe in that room, you hear me? Go right now! Or I swear.."

Ariana's brunette head of curls bobbed rapidly in a nod. She yanked her arm out of her mom's grip and ran out of the kitchen, leaving Joan in a devastation.

She was just about to follow her out, when Edward grabbed her shoulder. "Joan, we have to go. She'll be fine."

She bit her lip, grabbing the papers and shoving them into the bag along with the weapons. "I can't believe I just yelled at her."

"She wouldn't have listened if you didn't," Edward said, grabbing the duffel and walked out of the house, punching in the security number. "She's stubborn, just like her mother."

Joan gave him a weak smile, both running to the black escalades parked in front of their house and hopping into driver's and passenger seats in the second car. They always sat in the second car; in case of an ambush, the first car will get the heavier damages.

Joan pulled on her seatbelt, rummaging through the duffel to find her guns before throwing the bag in the back seat, eyes set on the road.

"Where are the McCanns?"

"Car behind us." Edward made a sharp right, leaving the neighborhood and the city into the darkness of the woods.

"I wish we had a better warning. I would've asked them to let Jason stay with Ariana."

"That would've calmed my nerves a lot more, but as long as Jason and Ariana is in a safe place, we need to focus on this mission."

Joan cocked the forend of her shotgun, "Hobbs need to learn not to fucking mess with us."

...

All Pattie McCann could hear was shots as she held her gun against her chest, back pressed against the crates as bullets flew past her. At the corner of her eye, she could see Edward glance at her, motioning to her with his head to get over on his side.

She gave him an 'are you crazy?' look; bullets zoomed by her face, hitting one of Hobbs' men in the chest.

"Now," she saw him mouth.

"Don't tell me what to do," Pattie grumbled, raising her gun towards him. She saw his eyes widened as she pulled the trigger.

He ducked down, in hopes of dodging the bullet when he heard a body slump down onto the ground behind him, landing face forward with a thump. It was one of Hobbs' men, a gun in his hand.