Chapter 7

So today is MY BITRHDAY (July 26) and what better way to celebrate than to update a new chapter! I hope y'all enjoy! :)

Third Person's POV

"So what is the plan boss man," Jack asked Thomas as he slurped on his drink. Then took a bite of his hot dog.

"You know we are here on business not vacation, Violet said as she looked at Jack in disgust.

"Yeah I know," Jack said before taking a bite of his hotdog, "but we are at the beach might as well enjoy."

"Dude that is gross. Don't talk with your mouth full," Violet said while trying not to vomit.

"Will you two cut it out," Thomas said as he watched Max's video store. It was almost night fall, they had scouted out the whole area since they arrived. Now it was time to wait and watch.

They had seen the woman named Lucy switch with the morning shift people and now they only had to wait for Max. He hasn't shown up all day but as night fell they had a feeling he would show.

It wasn't even a hour after nightfall that Max finally showed up. "There he is," Thomas said.

"Finally!" Jack exclaimed.

They watched as Max walked into his store and greeted Lucy. They watched for awhile how Max interacted with his customers and how he interacted with Lucy. Looking at him you wouldn't know he was a vampire, even though they were positive that he was a vampire. The only thing they have is he comes in at night.

This wasn't a big lead for him to be a vampire because it might just be that there is more customers at night and it is busier so he works at night and not during the day. Still the hunters watched him, wanting to take revenge for their friend's death.

After hours of watching Max and nothing happing the hunters were thinking this lead was a bust, but just as they started giving up hope Max was on the move.

He left the store early leaving his workers to close up, but not after making sure to say a extra long goodbye to Lucy. He then took off down the boardwalk and into the darkness. Thomas and Jack were quick to follow him while Violet stayed behind.

Max moved through the crowd with ease and was soon walking down the beach away from the crowd. Thomas and Jack were hot on his tracks but not close enough for him to see them.

He walked a while on the beach, soon the boardwalk was nothing but a distant blur. He approached a group of teenagers that sat around a fire. They all look to be homeless, runaways just like most of the people that come here.

Thomas and Jack hid behind a tree that was far enough that Max couldn't sense them, but close enough that they could see everything.

They watched as Max took his glasses off and put them in his front pocket of his shirt. "Mind if I join?" Max asked the group. The group of teenagers looked at each other unsure why the strange man who wanted to join them.

"Umm yeah sure," The guy said as the group scooted over to make room for Max to sit down next to the fire.

"What are you doing out here sir?" A girl asked that was next to Max.

"I decided to take a stroll on the beach before I got something to eat and I ended up here," he said as he looked around at the group of teenagers. "What are all of you doing up here? Do you not have homes?"

"Does it look like we have one?" Another boy smartly remarked.

"Well no," he said. " so I'm assuming you all are runaways and your parents do not know where you are?"

He watched as they all nodded their heads, "yeah they probably don't even know we're gone," one girl said.

"Yeah they probably don't even care," another boy said.

Max then stood up and dusted the sand off his pants, "well then that is good news for me."

The group looked at him confusingly and the boy that had the wisecrack earlier said, "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means no one will miss you when I kill you," Max said. His face then transformed, his eyes yellow, and his fangs long. He quickly launched at the group of teenagers who began to scream and run away. They weren't fast enough though, Max quickly and easily caught them as he ripped their throat out. The screaming became quieter with each throat he ripped out until all that could be heard was the fire cracking.

Max was covered in blood from head to toe. He began to put the bodies on the fire to clean up his mess. Afterwards he took out his glasses and wiped them off with bottom of his shirt, with a piece not covered in blood, before putting them on.

He watched the fire eat away at the bodies and once the fire had finished the job he turns on his heels and walked away. Thomas and Jack stepped out in the open a couple minutes after Max had left and looked at the area.

"He killed them so easily... without any remorse..." Jack said as he stood there shocked by everything that just happened.

"Yeah he did..." Thomas said as he looked out at the way Max had walked off to. "It would seem Dominic was right."

"Now what?" Jack asked as he looked from the ground to Thomas.

"We meet back with Violet and see what she decides about Lucy. One thing is for sure though. We are killing Max soon." Thomas said.

***This is happening while the boys are with Max****

Violet's job was to make sure Lucy was 100% human. Even though she showed up while the sun was still high it was later in the evening and she was wearing sunglasses. Violet walked into the store and she watched Lucy at a much closer angle.

From what Violet could tell she was a normal human but she was dating a "vampire," Violet couldn't be sure.

She walked out the store as it was closing time and she left thinking Lucy was human but she might be half. She wasn't 100% sure but would rather be safe than sorry. When the boys come back she would tell them that Lucy would have to be killed too.

_______________________________
So what do y'all think is going to happen next?

If you haven't read The Lost Family first go check it out!!

Don't forget to Vote!

Comment below what y'all think!

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other stories, Never Die and Hunted :)

Until next time keep reading and bleeding

- QOB🩸

________________________________