■30 - You're Worried About Me?■

Wednesday ~ 6:47 pm

An unknown number is calling…

Hope:

"Hello?"

Gaston:

"Hey, are you okay? Wait, no, don't answer that. That's gotta be a stupid question of all times. Of course, you're not okay. I mean… what's - what's wrong? Please, answer me, you're worrying me now."

Hope:

"You're worried about me?"

Gaston:

"Seriously? Why do you sound so happy? You wanted me to worry?"

Hope:

"No! No… I mean… I… I really think that you're uh, thoughtful. Thanks for um, checking up on me…"

Gaston:

"..."

Hope:

"..."

Gaston:

"I was really worried about you. And… and I missed you, okay?"

Hope:

"I missed… calling you Gaston too."

Gaston:

"You have some way of showing your undying love for me. Wow! You just laughed. Glad that we're making some progress here."

Hope:

"... thanks, Gaston."

Gaston:

"Always."

Hope:

"..."

Gaston:

"So… wanna tell me what's wrong with you?"

Hope:

"I don't really wanna talk about it but then again if I don't then… then…"

Gaston:

"Hope?"

Hope:

"Yeah?"

Gaston:

"Take your time, okay? Whenever you're ready. Just know that I am right here. You don't need to rush it out."

Hope:

"Thank you for understanding."

Gaston:

"Of course."

Hope:

"It was just like any other day on talkO'. I was answering queries, talking to people, engaging with them by creating a post or two when I… when I saw a message. I opened it and I realized how weird it was but then I thought it was you pranking on me. However, a few seconds later, I started getting wrong vibes from that user and reported and blocked him. Then he did it again using a different account…"

Gaston:

"Hey, hey, it's okay."

Hope:

"He… he asked for my picture and so I sent him one-"

Gaston:

"What the-"

Hope:

"-a picture of a gorilla showing its middle finger."

Gaston:

"..."

Hope:

"You're laughing because that was hilarious, right?"

Gaston:

"Of course, that was fu-funny! Oh, my God! I can't-"

Hope:

"Yeah… and I started getting equally creepy messages so I had to - I had to uninstall the app to give myself some break from that madness. It really scared me… Gaston."

Gaston:

"Hope. You're the wittiest person I know. I love how you frame your comebacks. I love how you didn't show that person that it scared you. If there's one thing that I know about you,  Collins, it's that nothing can bring you down, least of all some unimportant person that doesn't even have a role in your story except for being this bad guy with extremely rotten teeth. Wow, you laughed again!"

Hope:

"I never knew you were funny."

Gaston:

"I never knew you had a sweet voice but here we are."

Hope:

"Did you just compliment me?"

Gaston:

"I don't think that sounded like an insult now, did it?"

Hope:

"Thank you, Gaston… for everything. Like for real."

Gaston:

"Don't worry about it."

Hope:

"Yeah… okay, so, um… I gotta go… because, apparently uh, duty calls."

Gaston:

"Oh, yeah, right! Of course. Bye, Collins and don't miss me too much."

Hope:

"I could say the same about you."

Beautiful Hope ends the call.

I've been feeling low for about a week now and I remember writing this chapter in my notebook like almost a month ago. So something happened in my office and when I was reading and editing this chapter today, I saw Gaston's dialogue about how that stranger is an unimportant character with rotten teeth. I guess I needed to hear that lol. Thanks there, Gaston! 😂😂😂