Chapter: 39

When I arrived at splendors house it wasn't like what I thought

He had a big house like the ones you see in movies

It was already dark, so I was ready to crash but splendor wanted me to me Jeff's brother first

" Y/n this is Liu, Liu y/n "

* He really does look like Jeff *

" Hi I'm y/n l/n, I'm not too big on the whole ' roomie ' thing- "

" Oh y/n I meant to tell you I have to fix up the guest bedroom so for now you'll share a room with Liu. He has a pull out couch so you don't have to share a bed with him "

* Thank God. That would be weird on top of him being my best friends brother *

" Okay that's fine. I get things aren't exactly perfect right now "

" Good. Liu will show you around while I go get dinner set up "

Following Liu, I noticed he didn't talk much. I couldn't tell if it was due to the cuts on his mouth or just not wanted to make conversation with me

" Hey- "

" Your running out of time aren't you? "

" What? " his words puzzeld me since we hadn't said a word to each other

" Zalgo. You don't have much time if your here. I suggest you get ready for the worst "

" .....? "

" It was easier since we aren't humans but you are, your different which makes you special. You were caught in the crossfire "

Those words made me really think about the situation I was in...I'm being hunted and I could die

" I can tell my brother taught you well, but not well enough. Even Anne got to you "

* What?! How did he know that?! *

" How- "

" Splendor keeps me updated with everything. Your strong ill give you that especially for a human "

" Thanks I guess? "

" I wish I could help you break away like I did but- "

" Teach me then. How to use different weapons and how to fight different enemies "

"....what did you learn? "

Surprised at the sudden question I froze for a second

" Find the opponents weak points, find a opening- "

" Stop. Opponents like Anne and Stripes don't have openings, they have blindspots "

" Blindspot? "

" A spot where it would make it difficult for them to continue fighting "

" So like a hitting a nerve point? "

" No. If you were to try and approach me right now you would fail. If you were on my left side though that would be my blind spot. A spot where you can catch them off gaurd. An opening is more generally based, but proxies don't really have those anymore. Jeff's blindspot would be if you slid under him "

" Didn't think about that one "

" You have to think outside the box. I can teach you- "

Liu stopped walking abruptly cutting off his sentence

" For now we chill "

The closet wasn't full so I took the chance to put my bags up on the top self

" And I thought you would be different "

" What? " I guess being around someone who can read my mind numbed my mind on weather or not I'm talking to myself

" Sorry- Living with slender its kind of a habit, talking out loud "

" Yeah I get it. I don't tell splendor whats wrong with me and he goes on a 3 hour trip in my mind. But what did you mean when you said that you thought I would be different? "

" I don't really know. It doesn't seem like you and Jeff have a good relationship even though you both are so similar "

" He tried to kill me and cut my mouth like his of course we don't have the best relationship. I'm nothing like him "

Jeff never really went into detail on his brother or what his backstory was when slender found him

" I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked nor said anything "

" It's not your fault y/n. Jeff and me are a touchy subject "

* Dinner is ready! I hope you guys like spaghetti with meatballs *

Cutting the conversation short, me and Liu headed downstairs towards the kitchen...more like I followed him since I didn't know where it was in this fucking mini mansion

" I hope you feel at home y/n "

" You know I would tell you if I wasn't comfortable "

" I know I just don't want to mess up. Slender will kill me if I don't make this a comfortable experience for you. Ah, such a funny thing! One minute he's looking up at you next second he's running a system of proxies and he's not so little anymore "

Splendor has black slits where his eyes would be yet he still is able to shed tears

" Cmon splend! Don't cry over this again " Liu said while picking at the meatball on his plate

" I know but my little brother is grown up now and he used to be so small "

" Wait! Slender used to be more adorable than now? "

" Ew. Take your relationship talk somewhere else "

With the convo upstairs I felt bad for bringing up family and love seeing as Liu doesn't have any in his life like that

Me and splendor got the hint and dropped the subject

* I hope slender and everyone else is okay without me. Sally and lazari better be good, ugh! Being homesick is the worst. But it's safer like this...

Hopefully *