Chapter 19: Azula Alone Part 1

Azula's Point of View
6 Days Ago (The same day of Azula, and the day after Of Course.)

"I'll come back when I'm ready." When I'm the person you deserve.

I grabbed my box of things, stuffed it in my pillow case and just left.

Just like that I left everyone else behind.

There was no going back now.

Good. I need this. I can't stay. It's best if I can't come back. Not untill I'm ready.

It was easy enough getting out of the hospital. No one else had guards, so there was no one else to stand in my way.
"That just shows how much they don't trust you." Someone slyly whispered.
"'Your as much a prisoner as you father was' I thought you denied that." They hissed. They were Fènnù and Zhémó.

The demons that haunt me.

They had been quite for so long now. I had been strong enough to keep them at bay. Now I was weak, and they were back.

I had to get out of here. I had to get out of my own head.

I fled the hospital, looking over my shoulder every odd step, stealing sidelong glances at any passer's by for any hint of recognition or a second glance. Only a few people had the nerve to look back more than once, before I realised why: I was still dressed like Fire Nation Royalty. And here we didn't have the best reputation here... Because of me.
"Face it you will never be accepted. Not by these peasants. Not by your friends. Not by your own family."
"Especially not by Ty Lee." Zhémó taunted.
"What the Vatu do you know?! You've never met her! You don't get to say that!" I yelled as the quietest part of my sole agreed.

"We know everything you do." One began, their voice flat.
"We are you." The other finished in a firm voice.

I reached up to cover my ears to drown out their mocking. What I couldn't hear couldn't hurt me. Right? It had always worked before. "Still here. You are going to have to try harder than that to get rid of us Princess." Oh wait. You can't silence the voices in your own head.
"Just SHUT UP!" I screamed, fighting every urge to go back to where it was safe.

"Miss, are you okay?" A male voice asked gently.

"You can't silence us!" Zhémó roared.

Someone reached for my hands, bringing them down level with my hips.

"6 years of professional help couldn't get rid of us. What makes you think you can do any better?"

"Just leave me alone!" I resorted, finally looking up at the man holding my hands. He had storm gray eyes, short brown hair with a medium length side parted fringe. As I yelled he dropped my hands and retracted in on himself, looking at me in confusion and bitterness.

The image of Ty's freshly scared face burst from the depths of memories, no doubt aided by the cursed spirits.

I tentivly reached forwards, trying to muster some form of an apology. He swatted my hand aside as if it were no more than a insect: pathetic and weak.
"It's fine miss. I'll just leave you to it." He added before turning and leaving.

"Oh look you scared him off." Zhémó added bluntly.

People were staring.

Everyone was staring.

I quickly dashed down a back alleyway and tore off my elaborate over skirt. The rich red fabric peacefully floated down before lying amongst the rubbish. I reached back and pulled out my golden fire clip from my topknot, holding on to it briefly. It was a symbol of royalty. A symbol of our great nation. A symbol of respect and power. A symbol I am not worthy to hold.