Monaco

Probably my favorite place on Earth was Monte-Carlo, Monaco. I go there every summer ever since I was little to spend time with my best friends. My family used to live here but we moved to America because they believed that raising a child there was more beneficial than Monaco. I miss this place everyday and make the most out of it when I'm here.

That means hanging out with Charles and Arthur everyday. These boys are my mom's best friends boys. I've known them ever since I was born. Every year it gets harder to keep up with them because if their racing life, but we try our hardest to make the most of my time in Monaco.

Me and my parents landed and we got a rental car to our house which neighbors the Leclerc's. Once we walked in Pascale, Arthur, Charles, and Lorenzo were there to greet us.

"Nadia" Arthur calls before bear hugging me to death. I laugh because he drops me to the floor.
"Arthur, gosh I've missed you" I said, while my parents say their hellos to the others. When I get back up Charles looks and me and smiles. I go up and hug him, "mon fille américaine, it's been too long" he whispers. "mon français est si mauvais, alors ne me blâmez pas si je parle beaucoup en anglais" I say back in a whisper, Arthur would totally only speak in French to me if I told him. He looks and me and says " Secret is safe with me".

I go up to Pascale and give her a huge hug. "Nadia you change so much every year I cannot believe how grown up everyone is getting" she says to directed to all the kids. "The boys are getting bigger every year, Charles your contract with Sauber, we are so happy for you" my parents said.

I looked at Charles because I did not hear about this. Why wouldn't he tell me.

He looked at me then spoke, "oh yes, thank you I am so excited" he said before looking down.

"Um I'm gonna go unpack I'll see everyone later" I said before getting my stuff and going up the stairs to my room.

I hear footsteps but I choose to ignore before I hear Arthur's voice. "I'm sorry" he said before walking in front of my view. "He's been distant with everyone, not just you". "I just don't understand", I said while folding my clothes in my drawers, "why wouldn't he tell me, it's been his life goal to be in Formula One, does he think I'm not gonna be proud of him or something" I said.

I'm sad because going into this summer I did realize how much harder it was to talk to Charles then years before. He was always busy and closed off, and now I get why, but it still hurts my heart.

"I know, I mean I rarely see him at home, he's either training or with his girlfriend, I don't remember the last time I had a conversation with him" Arthur said back saddened by this distance Charles is giving.

"I supposed with you back in town he might want to hang out with us and be more social, I mean you only come around for three months" Arthur said while I looked at my old room.

"I hope so" I said before changing the topic. "Help me unpack and then we can go for our yearly first night swim" I say smiling. "Très bien" he said before getting to work.

Me and Arthur were catching up and joking around when a small knock came from my door. I turned around and Charles was there.

"Hey" he said, "Hey" I said back. Arthur bent down to whisper in my ear. "je peux lui botter le cul pour toi" he said jokingly. Charles rolled his eyes, as I laughed again. "No thank you" I said before Charles rammed Arthur into my bed. "dis-le encore, je ne pouvais pas entendre" Charles said while play fighting Arthur. "I GIVE UP" Arthur said as a surrender to his older brother. "Let me talk to her for a second" Charles said while giving Arthur a push to say to leave the room. I was laughing at this altercation and didn't really realize he meant he wanted to talk to me alone.

When Arthur left the room I did a small glare at him before I started to hang up my picture wall. "I know I'm an idiot" he said to me taking the hint that I was mad. "I guess being a Formula One driver you are too cool to talk to the common folk" I said. I'm pretending I'm mad but in reality I could never stay mad at Charles. I loved him too much. "You are much cooler than any Formula One driver" he said with a smirk. I wasn't looking at him but could definitely feel it, ugh the Leclerc's.

I turned around and looked at him. He walked up close before taking a picture from my wall. It was the one of me and him sitting down on a cliff with the sunset behind us. I remember that day too intensely. It was the day I knew I had a small crush on Charles. But I never told anyone because I didn't want to ruin our relationship. I couldn't lose him as my best friend.

"I remember this" he said before looking at me. "Yeah" I said, "Arthur tried to get in the picture but didn't realize the camera went off immediately", I said with a smile remembering the small moment held with that picture. Me and Charles were sitting down facing the camera with a huge laughing smile because of Arthur's actions.

"Yeah" he said too. "Arthur is not very bright" he said before putting the picture back up. "It's 9 and the sun is very very low" he said excitingly. "Okay Okay" I said getting the hint. I'll change and you and Arthur wait for me downstairs" I said giving in.

He smiled at me before leaving to wait. Let the summer begin.