Sixth Street

"What should we call it in the article, SoCo" Katerina said as we walked down South Congress to shop.
"I don't know, should we ask someone if it's called that" I say while looking around.

"No we don't want to come off as tourists" she says whispering the tourists part.
I laugh, "I think me buying cowboy boots gave it away", and we both looked at my big box.

"I can't believe you caved in, they're cute though" she gives me one more look before going into another store. "We need to buy dresses for the afterparty" and then she's off to the racks.

The race starts in two days, me and Katerina basically finished our article on Austin except for the F1 race attire. I can say that I love Austin. It has the sweetest people and also some of the most unique styles I've seen. I will definitely be visiting more often after I leave back to New York.

"NADIA" I hear a yell from across the store. I walk over to Katerina while giving her wide eyes, because she definitely just caused a scene.
"You have HAVE to wear this dress at the after party with the boots" she says giving me a black mini dress. I like it too so I cave in and buy it. Now I'm prepared having my race day and my after party outfit.

Me and Katerina finish shopping and we head back home.
"Let's go to sixth street again, it was absolutely disgusting but I want to see it one more time" Katerina pleads.
"Okay let's" I say just because I want to get ready and go out.

We get ready and post on instagram

Before we head out the door Katerina makes us take two shots then we are off

Before we head out the door Katerina makes us take two shots then we are off. And just like I guessed it was gross the sidewalks filled with sweaty people and almost no space. But Katerina's right there's nothing like it. We walk into a bar and she orders a drink to sip on while we dance.

Guys try left and right to dance with us but I decline while Katerina gives in because of the free drinks. I decide to be only tipsy so I can look out for us both. Then someone's voice that I recognize comes to speak to me.

"Nadia?" The man questions and taps my shoulder before I turn around.
It's Pierre Gasly.

"Pierre what are you doing here" I basically yell because it's so loud in here.
He chuckles before grabbing my waist so we can be closer and understand each other.
"Having a little fun before quali, no drinking of course, hey Charles is here too let me go get him-" he suggests but I cut him off.
"No it's okay me and my friend are about to leave and I don't want to ruin a little guys night" I laugh nervously.
"Ah Charles told me about you avoiding him, why?" Pierre said while smiling probably amused at my nervousness.
"Just been busy" I say hoping it suffices, knowing it doesn't.
He grins before putting my arms around his shoulders.
"Well let's have a little dance maybe it will give me good luck for qualiy" he says while starting to dance with me.
I laugh before giving in, and we dance for two songs before I say my goodbye and go find Katerina. She was flirting with this guy who was definitely entranced. Damn hate to be a party pooper.

"Hey, me and her need to go" I say while grabbing her hand and pulling her away.
"Wait can I get your number" he says while she giggles and gives it to him.
Then we go back to the hotel. I wipe her makeup off her face and put her to bed because she's half asleep, then I do the same for myself.

I then get a dm on instagram, from Charles. I look at the message wondering if I should ignore it, but he knows I'm in Austin. And if I do bump into him at the race it would be even more awkward. Let me just answer.

Charles_leclerc: you're in Austin?

nadialavigne: yes

That was so dry Nadia. This is gonna get so awkward.

Charles_leclerc: why did you change your number I can't text you?

nadialavigne: oh It's a long story, mixed phone stuff.

Charles_leclerc: Oh okay, are you coming to the race?

nadialavigne: idk yet

Charles_leclerc: please come, I would like to talk to you. I'm jealous Pierre caught you before I did.

At that I turn off my phone, while biting my nails and twirling my hair uncontrollably. I knew I was going to the race but what do I say to him. I mean the last time I saw him we had kissed and I ran away.
We were young though, maybe we can start over, maybe this is a good thing. I just don't want to be a burden and make him talk to me while he's busy. But he seems like he wants to.

I look over at passed out Katerina. God do I wish she was awake.