Chapter Five

"Okay, I'm happy you two have found one another and can have conversations in your mother tongue, but please pay attention to me too!" Donghyuck whines, a slight pout on his lips as he turns to the two boys on either side of him.

At this, both Shotaro and Jaemin pause their current conversation to laugh at their friend's antics, knowing that he's nothing but happy for the both of them. However, when Shotaro turns back to Jaemin, there's a teasing glint in his eye that has Jaemin grinning.

"He's acting like his younger siblings, don't you think?" And Jaemin can't help but laugh, knowing these words held no malicious intent, their only purpose to tease Donghyuck more.

"Wait, 'acting', 'younger siblings'?" Donghyuck echoes, the cogs in his brain turning as he tries to decipher their secret code. When he finally manages to, he shrieks, "Hey! I know what that means!"

However, instead of defending himself or telling Donghyuck he had mistranslated, Shotaro just reaches over to pat Donghyuck on the head as he coos, "Look at our Hyuckie picking up Japanese."

As Donghyuck sticks out his tongue at Shotaro, who only mirrors the action, Jaemin allows a smile to stay present on his face. He watches how Donghyuck shakes off the teasing and loops his arms through Shotaro's and Jaemin's arms so that they are all interlinked, continuing on their stroll from school.

The six of them had left school together, everyone buzzing about what food they'll order later tonight when they're all over at Donghyuck's. Since Donghyuck lived the furthest away from the school, as they walked towards his house, they dropped some of the boys off as they went. Now, it was only Donghyuck, Shotaro and Jaemin who continued to talk and laugh, their arms interlocked as they continued the conversation about what they would watch.

"So, do we have any movie ideas before the others pitch in with some horrendous action movie suggestion?" Donghyuck speaks up, and Shotaro is quick to offer an opinion.

"Well, we must do Stardust now we know Jaemin likes it too."

Donghyuck hums along, making a mental note before he continues, albeit a little shyly, almost as if he knows what Shotaro is going to say at his next suggestion, "Maybe a How To Train Your Dragon marathon?"

His friend just grins as he shakes his head, "You and them damn dragons."

"I'd be down for the dragons", Jaemin pipes up, and Donghyuck immediately turns to him with the biggest smile Jaemin has ever seen. Being a fan of the films for many years, he and Yumi would often watch the animated trilogy at least once a week, and he had a soft spot for all the characters.

"Ugh, I knew you'd fit into our group perfectly!" Donghyuck cheers, his arm momentarily unhooking with Jaemin's as his hand slides down the boy's arm to gently squeeze his hand in dragon solidarity.

"Fine, fine", Shotaro huffs dramatically, accepting defeat, "I guess we could throw the suggestion in when the others get to yours", to which Donghyuck lets out an unfiltered cheer, his sheer enthusiasm causing both Shotaro and Jaemin to smile.

Before another word could be uttered on their film selection choices, Donghyuck and Shotaro steer Jaemin to take a left down a pathway, diverting from the main road they had previously been walking down. This new path is incredibly quiet as they distance themselves from the hectic school traffic bustling along the road behind them, the pathway sheltered by towering trees in full bloom.

There was a slight fragrance in the air that had Jaemin's eyes fluttering shut as he inhaled. He did miss the life and vibrancy of Osaka, but he could get used to the kaleidoscopic patterns of the sunlight filtering through the trees and the sweet bird song as it guides them off the beaten road.