Chapter Forty Three

In a whirlwind of cunning amusement, the tawny wolf's claws slice through the air as he shoots towards the group.

Upon instinct, Donghyuck, stood in front of his friends, loops his arms in two circles, drawing up energy from the ground beneath them. Then, bursting from the surface, multiple roots shoot up towards the sky, materialising just as the wolf's claw flash before them.

Thin enough so that the wolf's claws slash through the roots, it still shields the group from the initial attack, buying them a moment to prepare themselves for the oncoming fight as battle cries sound around them from the other rogues gathered.

The rogues begin to charge at them, but before they could get too close, Shotaro turns in a circle. His left leg is extended ever so slightly with his toes pointed, and around them, as he spins, a wind current picks up the loose leaves scattering the floor, creating a blur of green to blind the rogues for a second, and allowing the Lee pack to transform into their secondary forms.

Now, they were ready.

Through the wall of wind and fallen leaves dancing around the group, Mark leaps, emerging from the safety of Shotaro's magic and barrelling into one of the unassuming rogues, still confused by the sudden wind storm.

He pins the wolf to the floor, snarling down at the animal before his own claws come out and without hesitation, he's slashing across the wolf's middle. The wounds are deep enough to cause a look of pure terror to consume the rogue's eyes, but not enough to kill him- not if he can stop the bleeding.

Mark removes himself from the wolf, and with an enthusiastic jump, he dashes towards another.

On their pack leader's mark, Sungchan, Jisung and Jeno all leap into action.

Continuing his summoning of the wind, Shotaro ceases his wind storm, and instead focuses solely on a singular wolf. He wore his scars with pride as his terrible smile turns towards their group.

Concentrating on the wolf and the air around him, Shotaro's hands dance before him, weaving in and out of each other, drawing invisible patterns as he tries to slow the wolf's movements down.

With ease he pads forward, so confident... and then, his expression shifts into one of confusion. It looked like he was wading through water, trying to push against a current that was hell-bent on fighting him. He slowed to a snail's pace, and when his gaze dropped to his paws, frustrated and unsure as to why he couldn't seem to operate his own limbs, Jisung jumps for him, his teeth sinking into the creature's neck.

Once Jisung has the wolf on the floor, redness staining the few weeds that are littered upon the ground, Shotaro focuses on another wolf.

Still using the element of air, he pushes one of the rogues towards Sungchan's direction, who is all too ready to accept the challenge.

In the midst of the action, the rogue pack's leader has managed to free his claws from the wall of roots he crashed into, and with a new found determination, he snarls, before jumping towards Chenle.

A surge of fear strikes Chenle, feeling like lightening zapping down his spine, shocking him into action. Immediately, his hands are out in front of him, copying Shotaro's previous movements as he tries to slow down the animal advancing.

He sees the leader slow ever so slightly, fighting against his magic- but it's not enough. This wolf is too strong, and he's still advancing too fast.

Immediately, Renjun is shifting into his wolf form, and before Chenle can protest, he dives for the leader. In shock, Chenle's grip on his magic slips as the leader resumes full control of his body, pouncing to meet Renjun.