03

entry #03

sometimes i remember when jaemin was sick. he had a tendency to get high fevers and would deliver the message through jeno. when he was sick, he was really sick. it made me worry some days up until he came back. during those days, the girls of the class would come and pester me about some dumb fake bitch stuff.

"oohh you're so pretty, wanna be friends?" what a joke, i knew their faces. they were the richest of the rich and jeno fangirls. they liked to meddle with people and pretend like they're being kind. i'd known enough of people like them to see through their money and smiles. they just weren't really my high priority.

i'd usually tune them out by putting in my earbuds and playing music. they'd rarely get the hint and by god was i holding off from yelling at them. but i just had to be a kind heart back then.

"toki, you're good friends with jaemin right?" this was new to her, rarely did anyone ask about anyone but jeno. this made her intrigued. that was a bad idea to be intrigued by anything when it came to these girls but she just couldn't help it. pulling out an earbud from her ear, she turned with a questionable but neutral face.

usually it would get most of the girls in the class to back off, but she was clearly persistent. it seemed like she had a crush on jaemin so you'd have to be persistent to get through to a boy like him.

seeing her face practically light up, she could already tell that she had been observing her when it came to girls asking about jeno. who, to note on, was across the room diagonally from her and had been actively texting her to try to scare them off and tell them that he was a horrible person.

"i just wanted to know, what's his favourite drink?" snorting, she thought she could pull a quick joke on her. practically everyone knew that he hated strawberry drinks so, "he loves strawberry drinks." she nodded and went to note that down. realizing that this very cute and harmless girl was going to get her heart broken when the black haired boy came back, she panicked and pulled the girl back from the collar of her shirt.

"i'm joking, i'm joking. you know he hates artificial strawberry flavouring right? he likes coffee drinks. coffee drinks. remember that" she tried to engrave that idea into the girl's head. with wide eyes, she nodded and thanked her profusely. seeing her run off with a shy expression, she laid a hand across her chest and breathed.

she exerted herself a little bit too much on that one. hearing the bell ring, she rested her head on her arm and closed her eyes. the one earbud in tuning out all the noise. she was tired after having to deal with so many girls in only a few minutes.

were the teachers gonna kill her? absolutely. did she care? not really. all she had to do was butter up some jeno fangirls to give her notes and they'd easily give it to her to know even the smallest of gossip about the said boy. her school life could be so much easier if these girls did her small favours like this. maybe she could fuck over jeno a bit more than he already was.

i remember that i did that so often that the girls started giving me gifts to have a little insight on the boy. of course i started to refuse unless it was something i wanted or was helpful for school. like school projects or homework and notes. it was just that easy.

i really found it fun, but it could only last for so long before i got bored of the girls and started to do more work and copied off of jeno who surprisingly had good handwriting? he gave the sort of vibe that made me think that he had absolute shit handwriting that was unreadable and painful to even try to decipher on your own.

jaemin started going to school more often as well, he was sick less frequently and often took medication at lunch so he'd feel better and to prevent sickness. it was nice having him around, i really hated having to listen to jeno talk about his preparations for his next tennis competition.