15

entry #15

na jaemin had a rough and standard childhood. na jaemin lived as a spoiled kid with an empty playground to himself. i.e. his home, the na manor. with nannies and maids at his bidding every minute of the day, he grew up to be lonely. he rarely saw his own family members, nor did they even acknowledge his existence. whatever he did, he could get away with it.

because of this, he often left the manor and snuck out. in reality, the people who took care of him didn't even care. they were paid by the hour, not by the effort. this was around the time he had met lee jeno. a scrawny kid in his school and a little bit away from the manor. they hit it off immediately, like literally.

he accidentally hit jeno with a ball and apologized to young crying jeno profusely. it was a mess for both the teacher and the two of them. they became closer than anyone else in the class even with their differences. having a liking to the lee boy, he would often sneak out to the lee manor. the staff at the manor loving him immediately. something about being charming? whatever that meant to 6 year old na jaemin.

to be honest, you would think a 6 year old running around alone outside to a strangers house would be worrying. but rich people neighbourhoods were like sacred ground. it was weird. the lee boy's parents were more present in the boys life. it was weird. he never really experienced such a thing and that was what made it foreign and off putting to say the least.

he was treated as lee jeno's best friend and basically brother from how much he was with the boy. growing up together side by side essentially. until they were 10. his mother came into his life all of a sudden. and the controlling bitch she was. barely even knowing her own son, she decided to take it into her own hands to control what he could or couldn't do. to a poor 10 year old who was already scared enough.

he was left alone and isolated, bad behaviour and he'd be locked in his room for 5 days with only water accessibility. he would have frequent panic attacks and with no access to anyone or anything, it had ruined his mental. and ruined his image of adults. ultimately skipping days of school because of sudden panic attacks and depressed intrusive thoughts.

he hated his mother, he feared his mother. he was only so young. his father was no good when he came home. bringing in women by women into the home and doing things he wished he didn't know. at some point, he got curious and tired. discovering the alcohol hidden in the back of the fridge in a far part of the manor.

it couldn't kill a poor 13 year old right? he loved the feeling of it. he loved the numbness it gave him. he loved it, he loved the feeling of intoxication. he loved it so much. he loved it like it was the only thing that mattered in life.

he didn't know why he was so in love with it. the feeling was so addicting. the feeling made him obsessive and attached, it was something he couldn't control. whenever he could, he'd steal alcohol. knowing the maids would unconditionally restock with no questions in return.

it was all fun and games till he was found out by his mom. and his mom was beyond pissed. the verbal abuse he had to endure, the pain he felt. it was uncontrollable and it broke him. he was told to pack what he could and leave the damn house in winter during a storm. he was a mess and all he could do was pack his clothes and whatnot into his duffel bag, grab his school bag and materials. and run.

he ran all the way to the lee manor. it was around the time that the lee company was the most busy, so all that was there was jeno. opening the door to a jaemin on the ground crying and having a full blown panic attack.

"jaemin, what the fuck? are you okay. come inside idiot. up now. fuck it i'll just carry you, go ahead and cry and sob your eyes out until you feel better nana." picking up the fragile boy, he hauled him inside and dropped him on the nearest couch and hugged the kid.