uno

"What the fuck?!"

The brunette squeezed her eyes shut, wincing in brace of the harsh comments she was expecting.

"This is so good!" 

She opened her right eye. What?

"Holy Jesus, this tastes amazing."

"Can I have another cup? I think I might become high on this."

The brunette chuckled, taking away the already empty porcelain cup away from her friend's hands, placing it away from the three of them. 

"I think you've had enough. Save some for the customers if it's that good."

"Gabi, I swear to god if you don't become a barista here, I will murder your boss."

"Calm down Abhigna, cashier is perfectly fine for now. I'm just experimenting." Gabi reassured, fingers tying a small section of her hair with a ponytail. 

Abhigna rolled her eyes, before leaning her head on her palm. 

"Meena, why are you still studying? It is 4 PM, and you've been at it for 2 hours." 

"Maybe because I'm screwed for tomorrow's statistics quiz, unlike you apparently." 

"We have a quiz tomorrow?! And I wasn't informed?" 

"You were informed a week ago." Meenakshi sniggered, pushing her notes towards Abhigna's hands. 

"I owe you one." Abhigna smiled. 

"You owe me three weeks of things, Abhigna." 

The bell dangling at the top of the door frame jingled, indicating that a customer had walked inside. Gabi rushed over to the cash register, pulling out her notepad.

"Welcome to the Ursa Major, what can I get for you?"

"Your number."

Both Meenakshi's and Abhigna's heads whipped upwards, saucer-wide eyes and minds far from studying. 

"Oh damn."

Gabi blinked in confusion, hands clutching her notepad tightly. 

"I beg your pardon?"

"I'm so sorry, he's a little dumb." His friend elbowed him playfully. "We'll have two iced americanos please."

"Anything else?" The two guys shook their heads. 

"Can I also get your names?" The friend was about speak up, before he was interrupted. 

"That's Felix," The friend waved his hand curtly. "And do I know you? Cause you look a lot like my next girlfriend."

"Hot damn," Meenakshi muttered.

"Hot damn indeed."

——

a/n: god it's so weird writing myself in the third person 🥲