cuatro

"This mustache is so itchy."

"Shut up Abhigna. If you can survive a period every month, you can wear this mustache for an hour." 

The both of them were sitting at the counter, just a few feet away from the corner of the café, where Jisung was waiting for Gabi. While Meenakshi ordered a drink for the both of them, Abhigna took the time to observe.  

A single rose not so secretly sat next to him, edges painted hot pink fading into the pure white in its center. His face sat on his palm, other hand slightly tugging his hair, foot non rhythmically tapping on the tiled floor. Abhigna felt slightly bad, watching a guy get so nervous over her amazing but sometimes very dumb friend made her frown slightly. 

"Hey, how come you get a wig and I don't?"

"Do you really want to be dressed up as a clown? You look fine as a guy." Meenakshi reprimanded, sipping on her very plain vanilla latte. Abhigna still huffed at her response, aggressively grabbing the nitro cold brew. She really only liked it for the boost of energy it gave her, rather than it's bitter taste. She wondered how Gabi lived and breathed on this, and continued sipping it. 

The door opened, jingling the small bell above it, and inside entered Gabi. Her hair had grown more over the past few months, so they sat curled atop her shoulders. Her sage green checkered dress poofed under her waist, making it look like a cute mushroom. Her white puffed sleeves touched the bottom of her earlobes, next to the dangling gold earrings she sported. 

"Gabi alert. Gabi alert." Abhigna alerted, forcing Meenakshi to slam open the history textbook in front of her. This caught the attention of the girl, who walked over to a profusely sweating Abhigna. 

"You know, you look exactly like somebody I know." 

"Oh really?" Abhigna's cold and heartless manly persona faltered, as her voice cracked visibly. Gabi's eyebrows frowned, starting to walk away before she was tugged backwards. 

"Shit, my wig— HAIR. I MEAN HAIR." Meenakshi shrieked, hands clutching the clown wig on her head for dear life. 

"Oh, my earring got stuck on your wig. Oops. I'll get that." She chuckled, removing the earring so she could un-loop the gnarly stands of rainbow from her jewelry. 

"Ahahahahaha thanks." Meenakshi mumbled. Gabi's lips tugged into a confused smile, as she walked away from them. 

"You and your stupid ass wig." Abhigna muttered, earning an annoyed but light bash from Meenakshi's shoulders.

"Directors would dig their own graves if they saw your acting." Meenakshi retorted back, angrily fixing the wig back on her head. 

"Say, where did you even get this?"

"Your house. When we were in like middle school." Meenakshi giggled, watching Abhigna's expression morph into her lips wide open in shock.

"Since when did I have a clown wig?" 

Unbeknownst to those two, Gabi made her way over to Jisung, who shot up like a military soldier. 

"Hi." He breathed out, taking in the sight of the girl in front of him. 

"Hi... Jisung right?"

"Han! Han Jisung." He awkwardly chuckled. Nice going man. 

He gestured for her to sit down, and she did, tucking her skirt underneath. 

"So... you wanted to talk?" Gabi was hazy, stuck in a cloud of confusion. 

"Yeah. I just... think you're really cute, and I really want to get to know you."