tres

"Abhigna, hold these" 

"... Pool floaties?"

"Yeah! I haven't swam in years."

Gabi slid her toes into the pool, letting the fresh chills of the water settle in her toes. She hadn't visited the pool since she was six years old, due to her aunt's fear of chlorine ions. As a bright six year old who was related to a chemist, Gabi never decided to question and rationalized it by trying to teach herself to swim in her own bathtub.

That didn't end up so well.

So here we are, with an eighteen year old girl, trying to tune out the girls screeching for them to teach her. 

"Gabi come on! You'll be fine! It's time you and your aunt get over your chlorine obsession." Abhigna pleaded. Her hair was slicked back, sticking to her back like a lizard to a wall. It lowkey  resembled one too. Meenakshi's hair was a little more tamed, claw clipped to her scalp tightly, not so coincidentally matching the swimsuit she was wearing. 

Gabi grumbled in response, not budging from her spot. She flipped through the collection of poems. Yes, she was rereading Emily Dickinson. For the eleventh time that year. But she had a record of reading it once a month and she was not going to lose that streak. 

Suddenly, she felt the water droplets from the pool land on her face. Internally, she cursed of not having a large sun hat to ward off potential predators, such as this life threatening pool water, which managed to stain a page of her book. 

"Guys, come on." Gabi whined, placing her book onto the pool chair. The girls in the water silently snickered, before Gabi heard, very faulty at that, shrieks.

"Gabi, your skin is burning!" Abhigna screamed, struggling to move her legs through 4 feet of water.

"Holy shit!" Meenakshi yelled, grabbing her phone to dial 911.

Gabi freaked out, did she literally have an allergy? To pool water?

"What the fuck. I think I'm going through anaphylactic shock." Gabi felt her body drain of any oxygen to live, throat potentially swelling up. She closed her eyes, ready to accept her fate. 

Then she was pushed into the swimming pool. 

"That's one way to get her in the pool." Abhigna muttered.

"I'm just so creative." Meenakshi walked back in, eyes happily watching as Gabi struggled to walk through the pool.

"How can you collect seashells while submerged in the ocean, but not walk through 4 feet of water?" Abhigna sniggered.

"Don't act as if you almost didn't fall while walking to the other side." Meenakshi retorted. Abhigna huffed irritatedly, before helping Gabi navigate through the pool. After catching her breath and bringing herself back from a world of panic, she pursed her lips.

"So my skin wasn't burning?"

"Nope."

"Just my love for you." Meenakshi giggled.

"Also, guess who has a date~"

"With Jisung?!" Abhigna squealed.

"Already?!" Meenakshi confusedly asked. 

"Damn, our girl be getting all the mens." Abhigna bragged to no one in particular.

"Ok wait, this is how it went." Gabi started. 

——

???: 

ay yo my sexy mamacita