Meeting An Old Friend Again

It's really odd putting a smile on my face now for school. I'd normally wake up looking like that FaZe Jev meme of him putting on the pink dino costume, but I just feel hyped to hang out with the gang! They all seem pleasant enough and Natsuki may even have similar interests with me in "Reading preferences". I wonder however if manga is counted as literature.

Anyways same stuff, school is a prison yada yada yada. I finally head over to the club room, anticipating yet again another interaction with the Lit gang. However, today's different. I hear the sound of another girl who sounds incredibly familiar for whatever reason. It's almost as if it's Sayori herself. I face away at the direction of the hall, with nostalgia looming over me once more. It's alright, Sayori's away. Not much I can do to bring her back. Not long after, I forcefully enter the club room to greet my new friends-

Or... so I thought.

Y/n: 'S-Sayori?'

It... it really was Sayori?!

Monika: 'Hello Y/n, it's nice seeing you here again! I'm impressed that you've met our vice president before!'

Y/n: 'M-Monika, me and this girl have a long history together. We're already well acquainted!'

Monika: 'Wait a second, Sayori, is this the boy you ramble on about for more than five times a day?'

Not only did Sayori mention me before, she mentions me daily 24/7?! Sayori, you're too kind. You always were!

Sayori: 'Y-yeah, he is Monika...'

I see Sayori turn around, she wears a sad look on her face, then quickly averts back to a smile filled with nostalgia and memories.

Monika: 'Well, I'll let you two go at with each other! See ya!'

I walk over to my old friend. Every step creates a loud thud that emits shockwaves of anticipation and memories. This really is the moment I've waited for for many, many years. My hands begin to shake, but I instantly gain control of them.

Y/n: 'Sayori! How's it goin!'

I playfully elbow her arm.

Sayori: 'Nothing much Y/n! My apologies but, let's just get out of the room for a second.'

This is surprising. With Sayori by my side, we exit the club. I'm honestly amazed she's the vice president, what are the odds!

Sayori: 'Y/n. I wanna be honest, you're the bestest of besties that I'll ever have in my life. I love you, but I'm really, really sorry me and you haven't been in touch over the past few years. Life's just getting tough for me, and I just needed...'

I allow Sayori to pause. I'm unsure why this is so sudden but, I just tank all of her emotions she's built up for who knows how long. I missed her too. Life's pretty rough, I get it - I don't get it. She shouldn't of left me.

Sayori: '... I needed to be alone, okay?'

Y/n: 'S-Sayori, I hope that I can help you, now that we're together again.'

Sayori: 'S-sorry, I got carried away. But Y/n, welcome back bestie!'

She extends a blooming smile with glazing blue doggy eyes and crushes me with a BIG BEAR HUG! Owwwwwwwww why is she actually somewhat strong! With her hug, she moves over to the club doors and we enter while I'm still getting crushed. Once she's had enough, she stops applying force and gives me a moment to breathe.

Y/n: 'SAYORI HOW MUCH DO YOU WORK OUT?!'

Sayori: 'Not much. Maybe about once in a while - sometimes I sleep in and miss gym class in school. Tehehe!'