Chapter 19- The Phone call

It's been a few weeks since we've arrived at the Southern air temple.

I pace around the temple, I was told by one of the acolytes that Iroh would be giving me a call soon.

I was ecstatic, of course. I haven't heard from him in weeks.

The telephone began to ring, I quickly sprint to the phone, picking it up. "Hello?"

"Fara?" The man's voice, I've been waiting to hear speaks.

"Hi, Iroh."

"Fara." Iroh chuckles.

"Are you blushing?" I smile twisting the cord to the telephone.

"How would you know?"

"I can tell."

"So, how've you been?" I ask the busy general.

"Very well, I heard you and your family are vacationing in the Southern air temple."

"And how would you know?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well," Iroh coughs. "I just got off the phone with Korra, so she told me, and she also needs me to arrive in Republic city as soon as possible."

My head cocks to the side. "Korra is back in Republic city? What could she possibly need you for?"

"Something about a war with the North and her needing me and my forces." Iroh answers.

"Oh."

"And I'm making my way towards you. Get ready, I'm picking you up."

"You serious?!" I almost shriek.

"Super serious," Iroh replies. "I'm about five minutes away. Go tell your family."

"Okay!" I shriek, slamming the telephone together and running to the front of the temple, where my dad is relaxing.

"Fara, stop running." Dad warns.

"I'm...sorry," I breathe out. "But there's a..a..war." I bend over, placing my hands on my knees. "Iroh..is..coming now! Korra...needs me."

Dad quickly stands up. "Did you just say Korra started a war?"

I shake my head.

"With who?"

"The North."

"The North?!" Dad angrily yells. "And the general is on his way now?"

"Approximately, three minutes."

Dad's eyes bulge out of his head. "Fara! You're crazy if you think I am going to allow you to help Korra fight a war."

"Why not?" I pout.

Dad's eyebrows begin to scrunch up. "This is not a game Fara, you are willing to potentially give up your life, fighting in a war you didn't start?"

I confidently stand straight. "If it means protecting the people that I love. Then yes, I am going to do exactly that."

"Miss Fara. You have a visitor." Says an acolyte, who was standing beside Iroh.

"Missed me?"

I widely smile, embracing Iroh in a hug. "A lot."

Dad lets out a huff. "General."

"Tenzin." Iroh responds, giving out his hand for my dad to shake.

Dad just stares at Iroh's hand. I detach myself from Iroh and roll my eyes at my father.

"I assume Fara told you the news?" Iroh asks, placing his hands behind his back.

"Sadly." Dad replies. "But if she wants to go, she can. It's just sad how the circumstances are."