Chapter 3

"Was that Lydia?" I asked my brother.

"Lydia? No, no. Just uh, dad needs me to run something over to the station for him"

I rolled my eyes. "Stiles you're a terrible lier"

"Fine. It was Lydia"

"Is she okay?"

"No. Yes. Kind of. Look I've got to go and meet her. Stay here" he grabbed the keys to his jeep from the side.

"Great. I'll come with you" I reached over to get my leather jacket.

"No. You're staying here" he said firmly.

"Stiles-"

"I'll be back soon" he quickly slammed the door shut behind him and I heard it lock.

I looked over to the side to see that both his and my house keys had gone.

Wait.

That means I'm locked in.

"You asshole!" I banged my fists on the door. "What if there's a fire?" I yelled.

I heard him shout "You'll be fine" and then the sound of his old piece of crap jeep driving off.

I bit my lip and pulled out my iPhone, scrolling down the contacts list until I'd reached Allison's name.

I paused, my finger hovering over the screen.

Yes, I'm defying Stiles', Scott's and my dad's rules.

But they can't treat me like I'm incapable of doing anything.

I pressed the call button and listened to the rings until I heard Allison's voice.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ally. Uh, I was wondering if you could do me a favour?"

~

I looked around nervously as I trudged through the woods, using only my phone's torchlight to guide me.

I'd managed to escape the house by climbing out of the window.

I'm so not doing that again.

It was so eerily quiet that I could even hear the blood pounding in my ears.

I knew my way around the woods.

The endless night walks with Scott and Stiles had helped me memorise it.

But being alone was different.

I had just glanced down at my phone, hoping to see a text from Allison, when the tree appeared.

I smacked right into it, the impact causing me to fall and drop my phone.

"Fuck"

I sat up and pressed my hands down on the muddy ground, trying to find my phone, that had of course landed on the torch side, leaving me in complete darkness.

I stopped searching and looked into the distance. A yellow/orange glow had appeared between the bushes.

If that's Boyd I'm so screwed.

Slowly and apprehensively, I started to stand up.

Why the hell didn't I listen to Stiles?

The glow suddenly moved and came closer.

I sighed in relief when I realised it was a firefly.

Wait our fireflies don't glow, do they?

I watched as it started to fly closer towards me, the glow giving me the ability to actually see the floor and find my phone.