Chapter 26

So I was in Mexico.

On a new rescue mission.

Following another awful plan.

Pretty sure I'm not going to make it back to Beacon Hills in one piece.

"This doesn't seem so bad" Stiles commented.

"It's not the town, it's the plan" Lydia said.

"What's wrong with the plan?" Stiles asked.

Lydia and I shared a look.

"Stiles, this could be the stupidest plan we've ever come up with. You're aware of that, right?" I told my brother.

"I'm aware it's not our best"

"We are going to die" Lydia stated.

"Are you saying that as a Banshee or are you just being pessimistic?" My brother questioned Lydia.

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't wanna die" she said.

"Okay. Would you just mind restricting any talk of death to actual Banshee predictions?"

"This plan is stupid and we're going to die"

"Oh, thank you"

"Mmm"

The three of us paused by the door, which was being guarded.

Lydia said something in fluent Spanish, only for the guy to shake his head.

Stiles sighed and pulled out the card in his pocket.

The guy at the door nodded and stepped aside for us to walk in.

The door locked behind us and the three of us exchanged nervous glances.

Lydia and I followed my brother down the hall. The sound of the music was causing objects attached to the wall to shake and vibrate.

We opened the door and stepped into a rave.

"Holy mother of god" I muttered as we pushed our way through the intoxicated bodies and to the bar.

The bartender placed three shot glasses in front of us.

"Uh" Stiles mumbled, looking around awkwardly because we didn't have any money to pay from them.

"No" a voice said from behind me, making me jump. "On the house" When none of us picked up our glass he spoke again. "Most American teenagers don't cross the border to refuse a drink"

"We didn't come to drink" Lydia said. She dropped the shell casing, which was engraved with a skull, into her glass.

The man eyed us before nodding at us to follow.

I glanced back at my drink, trying to resist the temptation.

Quickly, I grabbed it and downed it, only to look over and see my brother doing the same.

The two of us shared a look before turning and following Lydia and the guy, pretending as if nothing happened.

Lydia rolled her eyes and I heard her mumble "Twins".

~

"Severo hates this music. Me? I've always loved the music of youth.
This kind, especially. It has a savage energy" The woman said with a smirk.

"We're here for Derek Hale" Lydia stated.

"Is that so?"

"We know you have him" she said.