Chapter 10

"Derek? Derek, where are you?" I heard Jennifer yell out.

I quickly grabbed my brother and Scott's arms and dragged them behind the wall, out of her sight.

"Right here" Derek answered.

"Thank God" she hugged him. "Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them" She rushed out.

"From who?" Derek played along.

"Alex, Scott and Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me?"

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me?" Miss Blake asked.

"I promise"

She kissed him but pulled away with a knowing look on her face. "They're already here, aren't they?" She said as the three of us stepped out from behind our hiding place. "So they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people"

"We told him you're the one killing people" I corrected.

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense" she lied.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles demanded.

"How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this" she turned to him.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles and Alex' father?" Derek asked.

"No" She replied.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia!" Scott said.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that"

"What do you know?" Derek asked.

"I know that these three, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way" she raised her eyebrows at us.

"What if we can?" Scott held up a bottle of mistletoe.

"What is that?"

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure which means you can use it and it can be used against you" Scott smirked.

"Mistletoe?" She sneered as Scott flung open the bottle and sprayed the powder everywhere.

It engulfed her and I watched in horror as her face twisted into a horrible creature.

Once the mistletoe had disappeared, she regained her human face and then started to run.

Derek grabbed her and pulled her backwards, his claws coming out as he grabbed her by the throat.

"Derek, wait, wait! You need me" she backed up from him.

"What are you?" He asked.

"The only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him!"

Derek sighed and pulled his phone out.

"How is she?" He asked.

I heard Peter say something that I couldn't quite make out on the other end of the line.

"Mistletoe" Derek said.

He then hung up the phone.

"Derek. Derek, what are you doing?" I heard Scott say.

"Her life it's in my hands!" Jennifer said desperately trying to get out of Derek's tight grip around her throat.

"Stop. Derek, stop" I said.