Chapter 9

I started to close my locker but paused when someone shouted my name.

"Alex" Scott repeated.

I pretended I couldn't hear and slammed my locker door shut, clutching the books to my chest.

"Alex wait" Scott touched my arm gently.

I sighed and turned around to face him.

"What?"

"The other night. We should talk about it"

"Scott I-"

"Did it mean anything to you?" He asked.

"Did it mean anything to you?" I raised an eyebrow.

He opened his mouth to reply but the bell cut him off.

"I gotta go to class" I mumbled and took off before he could say another word.

Man I messed up. Again.

As I was rushing down the corridor, I heard my name being shouted.

I let out a breath of relief when I realised it was Lydia.

"Hey" I smiled.

"I saw that"

"Saw what?" I frowned.

"You two. You're totally into each other. I've noticed it for a while"

I almost choked. "Sorry what?"

"You and Scott" she prompted. "Come on the way he's been looking at you lately. The way you've both been acting"

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said it smoothly but the blush on my cheeks let me down.

"You like him" she teased in a sing-song voice.

"No I don't" I lied.

"Yes you do"

"Ah fuck" I mumbled. "What am I gonna do? He's my brothers best friend"

"Find out if he likes you back" she shrugged.

"It's not that simple. I mean it kinda is. Well we kissed last night but-"

"So he's into you?"

"Scott and Allison only just broke up. He's still got feelings for her. How do I know I'm not like some kinda rebound" I argued back.

"Do you know one of the reasons why they broke up?"

"What?"

"Allison. She started to see the change in friendship between you and Scott. She wasn't mad, maybe a little jealous. Their time together had ended anyway. But one of her reasons for ending it completely were you two. She wanted him to be happy. She wanted you to be happy"

"Now I feel bad. And terrified. What if Stiles noticed these so called 'signs' too"

Lydia took my arm as we headed to our class.

"Trust me. Stiles is insanely clever but when it comes to romance" she smiled, flicking her hair behind her shoulders. "He doesn't have a clue"

~

As I was walking past the boys locker room to find my friends, as all of them had suddenly disappeared, I heard a massive crash.

I stopped in my tracks and stood in front of the door, debating on whether or not to enter.

I heard footsteps pounding down the corridor and Ethan pushed past me and went inside.

"What's going on?" Stiles asked me.