Chapter 16

"So when did you get there?" Mr McCall asked.

"At the same time" I replied.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me" Scott said.

"By coincidence?"

Stiles frowned. "What do you mean coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Three" My brother corrected.

"Are you asking me?" I asked, ignoring Stiles.

"I think he's asking me" Scott said.

"I think he's asking the both of you" Lydia said with a sigh.

"Okay, let me answer the questions" Mr McCall said. Then he sighed. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town"

I looked at the others and we all shrugged. "Sounds about right"

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer" I said.

"So where else would he take her?" Stiles continued.

"That's one hell of a deduction there"

"Yeah, what can I say?" I shrugged.

Stiles nodded in agreement. "I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement" he winked at dad, who laughed and covered it up as a cough.

"Both of you, uh- Just answer the man"

I turned back to Mr McCall "We made a good guess"

"What were the two of you doing?" He looked at Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza" Scott replied at the same times as Kira had replied with "Eating sushi"

They both glanced at each other.

"Eating sushi"

"Eating pizza"

"Eating sushi and pizza" They said in unison.

Mr McCall turned to my father.

"You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles and Alexa have said since they learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it" my dad replied.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

The four of us sat forwards to look at her.

"Yes. Could I get my phone back now?"

~

"Stop. Stop. Stop" I put my hands against Scott's chest.

"What? I need to talk to her" he said, trying to get round me but Stiles stood in front of him.

"No, you need to remember someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her" My brother said.

"Which is why I need to talk to her"

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction" Stiles argued.