Chapter 14

-Wednesday still-
*8:00pm*
"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" Asked Luz putting the pizza box in the fridge. "I don't think so, might go on a walk in the morning, why?" Asked Amity looking up from her phone. "Wanna go on a date?" Luz asked shyly. "Sure, with who?" Amity asked looking at Luz with a smirk on her face. "Haha" Said Luz sarcastically. Amity let out a soft laugh, put her phone on the kitchen island and sat down. "What time?" "Around two-thirty maybe?" Said Luz but it sounded more like a question. "And where will we be going?" Asked Amity with a raised eyebrow. "How do you feel about aquariums?" Luz asked sitting across from the shorter girl. "Never been to one, but they look nice, scary but nice." Said Amity letting out a soft chuckle. "Yeah same, I wanted to go to one on my eleventh birthday but I chickened out when I saw a shark swim across the celling." Luz said with a small smile.                                                 

-Next day/ Thursday-
To say Luz was happy would be an understatement two-thirty couldn't get there soon enough, Luz is currently in her second class thinking of what they would do after the aquarium. 'Maybe we could get Ice cream or go on a walk, or we could go on a dinner date after the aquarium' Luz was interrupted out of her thoughts by the teacher. "Are you ok Luz?" Asked Ms. Clawthorn. "I'm fine just thinking." Replied Luz with a big smile on her face. "If you're finished you can head to your next class, just put your work in the folder on my desk." Said Ms. Clawthorn with a soft smile before walking away. Luz nodded then looked down at her work. 'Does it really look like it's finished? I mean Ms. Clawthorn thought so, I mean I could just go along with it and get to my third class but, NO! it's not finished almost but not completely.'
                                                                 -Time skip-
*2:45pm*
"Sorry, Boscha insisted that she'd do my make-up and pick what I'd wear, never let Boscha pick your clothes for you." Amity said having flashbacks of the first outfit Boscha had picked for her to wear. Luz laughed a bit at the shorter girl. "That bad?" She asked trying to hold in any more laughter. Amity looked up at the taller girl with an unamused look. "I'll call Boscha and have her and her boyfriend join us for a double date if you don't stop laughing." Luz immediately shut up.

"You wouldn't." "I wouldn't, she'd kill me if she found out I changed." Said Amity with a nervous laugh. "Are you scared of your best friend, Blight?" Luz asked teasingly. "No, but I don't feel like being lectured by her for changing out of that awful dress she picked." "I'm sure it wasn't that bad." "You wanna see it, Boscha took a picture." Amity said taking her phone out of her back pocket. "No, no no no no, I believe you I don't need to see." Said Luz taking Amity's hand in her own. "But you just said it wasn't-" "I said it probably wasn't as bad as you make it sound to be." Luz interrupted. Amity made a pouting face and looked to the side. "It was too." Luz looked at the shorter girl and squeezed her hand softly. "Ok ok, you can show me the picture later and I'll tell you if it's as bad as you claim it to be. And I'm sorry for interrupting you again."

"Mmm, tell me again why we decided to walk here if we both have a car." Amity said, the last part sounding more like a question. "Because it's barely a mile away from the dorms." Luz said opening the door for the shorter girl. After some bickering on who would pay, Amity won by tripping Luz and then profusely apologized after, the two girls walked through a dark hall with a blue light shining at the end. Once they made it to the end Luz immediately ran up to the huge fish tank dragging Amity with her.

"Oh my goodness, Amity look at this fish it's so big!" "That's what she said." Said Amity trying to hold in a laugh receiving a not at all amused glare from the taller girl beside her, but then hearing laughter coming from the other side of her. "I'm sorry but that was gold." Said an older woman who looked to be in her mid forties. "Please don't encourage her ma'am." Luz said flicking the shorter girls forehead. "Hey! What was that for?" "You don't make inappropriate jokes on dates." "Fine." Said Amity rolling her eyes. "Ooh look there's a whale!" Yelled the shorter girl shaking Luz's arm profusely making her dizzy.

About thirty minutes passed and Luz had completely lost Amity but Amity could still see where Luz was because of her being so tall, after a few minutes Luz found the lavender haired girl staring at some fish. "Boo!" Amity turned around and grabbed Luz's hand to get her closer to the tank. "Isn't it pretty!" "I'm sure it is but, what am I looking for exactly?" "The rainbow looking one, it's called a Guppy or something like that." "Ooh it is pretty." Said Luz amazed by the small fish's beauty. Amity giggled at the taller girl's reaction to the small fish she then looked away and spotted the gift shop and sprinted towards it.

About ten minutes later Luz found Amity carrying two bags and hugging a shark plushie. It was almost four when they decided to leave the aquarium and exactly four-ten when they made it back into their dorm.
                                                                  *5:12pm* 
Both girls have showered by now, Luz taking one first because Amity kept saying her plushies were probably suffocating in the bags they were in, it took the shorter girl about twenty minutes to find the 'right' places for all of the plushies she had bought, Luz who had finished showering about five minutes before was sitting on her bed videoing Amity while she kept getting frustrated at the plushies for falling over. Once Amity was finally satisfied she noticed Luz laughing and threw a stuffed animal and a plushie at the laughing girl. (Amity bought Luz a stuffed animal of the rainbow Guppy fish she was looking at and a shark plushie which she originally thought was a whale but Luz told her it was indeed a shark)