Chapter 6 - Amortentia

Regulus was screwed.

Really screwed.

Whenever Regulus was with James he was not in control of his actions.

His heart beat so fast, he feared he might keel over and die.

And his hands got really sweaty- so sweaty- and it was odd since his hands were always frozen.

Regulus' blush would probably be the first thing to give him away, since it was so red against his fair skin.

The worst part was that Regulus loved it.

He loved the adrenaline that pumped through his veins and those stupid fluttery butterflies in his stomach.

Whenever he wasn't with James, all he could do was think about the boy.

Regulus had been thinking about his last study session with James- how their hands brushed together.

He was distractedly trailing down the hall, minding his own business- but not minding the things around him.

Regulus could almost feel the blush re-emerge as he daydreamed- daydreamed his way to the floor.

It was too late by the time Regulus noticed Sirius.

Too late for Regulus to avoid his outstretched leg.

Regulus would have just laid there, wishing to disappear- knowing it would be less embarrassing- if he wasn't in excruciating pain.

Regulus pushed up into his arms, spotting the pool of blood that had begun beneath him.

He must have hit his head too because he grew very dizzy.

The strength left his arms completely, but someone caught him before he did anymore damage to his face.

Last he remembered he was being picked up, before everything grew dark.

When he awoke, he had to peel his eyes open.

The light was blinding, which didn't help with the absolute horrific headache he had.

Taking in his surroundings, he was in the hospital wing.

How he got there- he wasn't entirely sure.

"Good. Good. You're awake", Madam Pomfrey started as she stepped into his curtained-off section, "That was quite a fall you took- A broken nose and a mild concussion."

Which explained the headache and the reason why there was so much pressure between his eyes.

"The concussion will heal on its own- as long as you be more careful. Your nose will be back to normal by tomorrow- Friday at the most." She explained.

"Thanks." Regulus croaked, still trying to piece together the last few hours of his life.

She nodded, "You can go if you'd like."

Regulus practically jumped out of bed, wobbling at the sudden moment.

"Carefully." Madam Pomfrey hissed.