Chapter 14 - Pollen

Regulus twirled his wand in his fingers as he sat in the chair beside Remus' bed.

The silver base of his wand glistened in the light and the dark black of the wood created this almost black hole look as it spun around in a circle.

"Nice trick."

Regulus' eyes traveled up to Remus who had been watching him, twirl his wand for the span of almost an hour.

"I have a lot of free time", Regulus muttered, "How do you feel?"

Remus' face contorted into a look Regulus knew too well.

Disappointment, agony, fear.

"You know." He spoke.

"I do."

Regulus felt an ache in his chest at the look of despair on Remus' face. He wished he could make it all better.

"Before you make any decisions, I just wanna tell you what happened", Regulus started, "I won't tell anyone. You kept my secret."

"It wasn't mine to tell." Remus jeered softly.

"And yours isn't mine." Regulus retorted in the same manor.

Remus nodded and Regulus took that as his cue to speak.

"Snape and Sirius got into a fight and Sirius was so drunk. He told Snape about the willow. And I stopped him. I erased the memory from his mind", Regulus explained, "Sirius feels awful- so awful. And I know what he did was horrible. He loves you. And I know that doesn't fix anything, but I just needed you to know."

Remus was silent as Regulus finished.

"Thank you." He mumbled softly.

Regulus knew he wanted space. He would at least give the boy that.

"If you need anything, just ask." Regulus quipped, returning the words Remus had once spoken to him.

He pushed the blue curtain open and stepped out of the curtained-off cubicle.

Regulus made his way through the castle and back to the Room of Requirements.

James was fast asleep, sprawled out on the bed. His body was only covered by a thin white sheet.

Regulus smiled at the scene, kicking his shoes off and slipping back into the bed.

He rolled to face James, caressing the boy's cheek.

James stirred at the action, humming contently.

He reached for Regulus and was met with clothes.

James popped one eye open and pouted.

"You're wearing clothes." He whined.

"I had to go do something." Regulus explained.

James just whined like a small child.

"Is that a problem?" Regulus chuckled.

"Wanted to lay here naked with you." James huffed.

Regulus just rolled his eyes fondly, stripping his clothes off and tossing them on the floor.

He cuddled closer to James, their skin hot against one another.

"Better?" Regulus mumbled into James' chest.

James tighten his grip on Regulus, tucking them in, "Much."

~

"Where are we going?" Regulus chuckled, stumbling as James guided him.