.-~Chapter Three ~-.

'~Connor~'

A high pitched voice yelling "Connie" is the only warning I get before a small body is flung on me.

I let out a laugh "Hey Ana" I picked her up, placing her on my hip.

"Missed me?"

"Mhm" she says nodding

"I went to preschool today and it was so much fun"

"Was it? what did you do?" I ask her making my way to the kitchen

"I played with blocks and I also made a friend"

"Yeah?" I say grinning at her, Annabelle was the most outgoing person I knew she could talk to anyone

"What's her name?" I place her on the counter while I grab a drink from the fridge but I freeze at her next words

She frowns at me shaking her head "I didn't say my friend was a girl"

"Excuse me?"

"Oh come on West, she's four" I hear my mom's voice behind me. she kisses me on the check, but i'm too distracted.

"Your friend is a he?"

Yep" she nods "His name is Noah, we colored together"

"Oh you colored together"

I hear my mom laugh beside me. "Would you relax, their kids, and their just friends."

"Yeah isn't that what they all start as"

My mom shakes her head at me "stop being so overprotective"

"Lily go play a little until I call you for lunch"

"Okay" she grins happily running upstairs to her room

"How was your day sweetheart?"

My mind immediately goes to the only good thing about my day

Talking to Delilah

I can still picture her smile, how she was shy at first but then became more confident. Her angelic voice, her laugh. Everything that made her, her.

Before I could stop myself I had a smile on my face.

"Oooh, something happened?" My mom asks raising an eyebrow

A scowl is immediately replaced, "Seriously Mom?"

Her smile widens, alongside her eyes as if she just came up with something

"Is it a girl?"

As if on cue, I feel my cheeks going red.

A loud gasp comes out of my immature mother

"It is a girl?"

I let out a groan, "Mom stop it please"

"What's her name? Do I know her? Oh what's she like?"

"Please tell me you don't have a crush on one of those mean girls, I don't think my heart can handle having a mean daughter in law" she finishes her statement by placing a hand on heart

I roll my eyes. Why Did God give me a dramatic Mom and friend?

" I don't have a crush", I say sternly.

"Sure you don't"

"Okay Mom, it was great talking to you but im going to go now"

I hear her laugh echoing as I head upstairs and that's when I spot a little girl hiding behind the banister.

"Ana? What are you doing"

She tilts her head at me "Do you have a princess?"

My eyes widened. "what?"

"You know" she says sternly, "A princess, someone you love and then you're going to marry"

I think i just choked

"Ana, were you listening to our conversation?"

Her look turns sheepish

"What did Mom say about eavesdropping?"

"That It's bad manners to eardrop"

I let out a chuckle "it's eavesdrop, Ana"

She nods telling me that's exactly what she meant

"Go get you lunch mom is waiting"

"Okay" her little feet quickly running to get to her food

I let out a breath, first Liam, then Mom and now Lily.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

What I felt for delilah wasn't something that came instantly. The first time I ever noticed her was in pre-school when she sat at the same table as me. I had accidentally broken my green crayon and without batting an eye Delilah gave me her own, smiling shyly at me. I remember freezing and staring at her. Then I found myself always sitting at the same table as her. We never talked, we just sat there at the same table coloring. When one of us broke our crayons we shared and that was it.

The first time I realized I had a crush on her, was in the sixth grade. I was having the worst day, having barely slept the day before. My mind had been busy thinking. I sat at the bench during recess refusing to play dodgeball with the rest of the kids. No matter how many times Liam tried and failed to convince me.

I saw her from the corner of my eye getting excited to play, but then her eyes met mine. She whispered something to Mia who nodded sadly. She drifted from the group and headed towards me. I, for some reason, had started to get nervous, and self conscious. When she finally came she gave me a small shy smile that had made my stomach clench, then proceeded to sit down next to me. She didn't say anything, she didn't need to. I didnt think about anything else the whole day.

After that day, I was always seeking her out in crowds. When I got to class she was the first person I would look for.

As we grew up we talked a few times, but I never had the courage to talk for more than a few minutes.

My crush on her went on for a couple of years, but I finally admitted to myself that I was falling hard for Delilah after I saw her one afternoon. I was walking back from school, freshman year. When I saw a bunch of little kids sitting around in the park. Which was strange, since I don't think the park has ever been this quiet. I wasn't one to be curious but I couldn't help myself. I started to walk a little closer until I spotted her.

Right there sitting on the ground, her dark brown hair tucked behind her ears, her skin glowing from the sun, her green eyes excited. She was surrounded by kids completely engrossed with the story she was reading.

I remember it hitting me in the face, when I couldn't hold my smile as I stared at her in awe. The way she was laughing with them, making sure everyone was okay.

I fell for Delilah hard. I fell for her kindness, her smile, her laugh, her selflessness, Her ability to make the day so much brighter.

If she was the sun, I was the planet orbiting around her.

After that day, if I talked to Delilah, even for a minute or she gave me one of her smiles, my whole day, sometimes week got so much brighter.

She made me look forward to school. Which was really saying something

Every time I tried to tell her, I couldn't. The only thought that kept echoing in my mind was that I wasn't good enough for her.

So I did everything I could to be. Or at least close.

I worked harder in school, actually tried to show up to most classes. I was never interested in other girls and I made that clear to anyone who tried to get close.

My eyes were always on one girl

I still dont think I'm good enough for her, but junior year was the year I was finally going to try.