.-~Chapter Eighteen ~-.

'~Delilah~'

"Ask" His deep voice fills the once silent car. After talking to Miles and somehow convincing him we bid goodbye to everyone, earning some looks from Mia and Liam. Connor made sure Ana was being taken care of before he led me out to his car.

I told myself I wouldn't hope but who am I kidding? This is Connor and I was the hopeless romantic who romanticized anything and everything she could. If he really did like me like Liam suggested, who was I to stand in the way? I'd just smother down my feelings and see if he says anything and if he doesn't, well then I guess I'll have my answer.

"Ask what?" My nerves are evident in my voice. I knew this was still the same Connor who held me when I cried and helped me whenever he could, the Connor that had the brightest smile even if he didnt use it much. Nothing had changed, nothing except my rising feelings for him.

He shoots me a bewildered look. "Come on Lilah" he uses the nickname and my insides are instantly filled with butterflies.

Well that's new.

Or at least I think it is, everytime Connor came closer I felt..something. It's only now that I've started to realize what that is.

"We've been in this car for 15 minutes and you haven't asked where we're going, that's not like you," he says with an easy going smile.

For a second I envy his ability to be so carefree around me when I can barely put a string of words together. Especially now that I have these feelings I can't solve.

"Oh." I suddenly realized we've been sitting in this car without any sound. He's right, it's not like me. I usually can't keep quiet, especially if it's a surprise.

Warmth fills me at the thought that he knows me that well. How was it possible to feel and connect with someone so much but have only been hanging out with him for a short while? It was scary how I couldn't imagine my life without him, that the mere thought of him not being around leaves me sad.

This is why I usually kept myself guarded, I kept my heart locked, once I cared, I cared for that person with all that I was.

My guards were broken down, the locks unlocked, and the doors wide open, all because of him.

On their own accord my lips turned up slightly. I watch his eyes light up at that, "Would you tell me if I asked?"

He chuckled lightly and the sound was a sound I would never tire from hearing.

"I wouldn't but that never stopped you from asking before."

"True," I simply replied with.

After two minutes of silence, my nerves are forgotten and I've been pestering him, "Connor come on, give me a clue at least, I need to know." I tell him emphasizing on my words to show him that I was second away from bursting from anticipation.

He laughs again, "Give it up. I wish I never brought it up." He mutters quietly.

I smirk back at him, "That was a very big mistake."

"We're here," he says simply as he parks on the familiar road. My eyes light up as I press my face to the window, "We're back" I say excitedly. My eyes take everything in, the beautiful stores littering around, the little boutique and the bookstore that feels like a warm blanket. The small lights were strung on across the shops, and unlike last time it was littered by people who were shopping and enjoying their time.

Roseville was known for its beautiful town and people. They were all so nice and kind, it was highly unlikely to encounter anyone rude which made the town very safe.