.-~Chapter Twenty nine ~-.

'~Delilah~'

The car ride is silent, but not completely because Connor knows I hate complete silence. He has his phone connected, so that faint music plays in the background. My eyes never leave the view outside the window because I'm afraid if I look at the view sitting next to me I won't be able to stop.

He loves me.

Me.

How could it be that the perfect boy next to me loved me just like I loved him? I always thought that this would be one-sided. I would love him and harbor my feelings for the longest time just so I could protect our friendship.

"So...", Connor starts slowly. "Are you ever going to look at me or is the view outside more interesting?"

My cheeks blaze but I refuse to give him the satisfaction, "Sorry Con the view outside is just mesmerizing." I hear Connors laugh and I see his bright smile from the corner of my eyes. All I want is to stare at his smile and those blue eyes but now I'm adamant not to let him win. He always does when he teases.

"Really?"

As I take in my surroundings for the first time I realize we're in a deserted area with miles and miles of field ahead and animals coming into view every once in a while. I sink further into my seat as Connor lets out another laugh.

"Mesmerizing huh?"

"Shush" I reply without breaking eye contact with the cow that's staring at me. I can't take the standoff I'm having with a cow anymore but before I can turn around I feel Connor ease into a stop before I sense a feather-like touch on my chin gripping it slightly before he turns my head to stare back into his dark ocean eyes.

His gaze sweeps all over my face with a small, soft smile permanently etched on his beautiful face.

His hand moves to cup my cheek, turning my face slightly he leans in to press a soft kiss to my cheekbone, making the butterflies run wild in my stomach.

"You are mesmerizing Delilah Rose."

I close my eyes slightly as a soft smile makes its way to my face when the sound of my first and middle name leaves his lips.

When Con discovered my middle name a while ago, it became one of his nicknames next to Lilah. When he's trying to act mad or when he's being extra sweet like right now he calls me by first and middle name.

I can't lie and say it doesn't do something to me every time.

I always thought my name was ordinary but coming from him? I never wanted to stop hearing him say it.

I stare right back at him, trying my best to control the flush that's threatening to show. Steading myself, I reach up and cup his cheek before I lean in and do the same.

When my lips touch his cheek I can feel Connor tense. By the time I'm back to my seat, he blinks a few times, and a grin slowly but surely covers his face, giving me a clear view of those dimples I adore so much.

"Thank you," he breathes out.

I smile shyly, "You're welcome" I reply with blazing cheeks.

He shakes his head once with a faraway look, "Give me a second."

He rushes out the door before coming to open my door, giving me his hand as he helps me out knowing full well I was prone to falling a lot more than I was standing upright.

I look around at the field that seems to go on forever, "Where are we?" I ask Connor, more confused than scared.

I think even if Connor was to take me to a dark and abandoned alley, I'd still feel safe knowing he was with me.