.-~Chapter Fourteen ~-.

'~Delilah~'

"So you're really not going to tell me where we're going?" I watch Connor give me a side glance with pressed lips, he looks back to the road "No"

I scrunch my nose, "What is it with everyone and the word no today?" I grumble.

He laughs lightly, shaking his head. His laugh truly is something else. I haven't heard a lot of it before, but now that I have I never want to not hear it.

I stay quiet for a second enjoying being in this car with low music in the background and the windows slightly down. After staying quiet for a few minutes I talked again, not being able to contain myself. I love surprises. I've just never been a patient person.

"Seriously, you're not going to tell me?" He presses his lips hard but his dimples still show through his attempt to hold back his smile.

"Don't hold it, smile" I say, my own smile on my face. This time he does. "We're almost there,'' he murmurs with amusement lacing his voice.

I let out a long sigh before resting my head back at the head rest. As we stop at a red light I can feel Connor's gaze heavy on me.

"What?" I ask, smiling when I turn to see him still staring at me. I just know my cheeks are red again.

He blinks before his own cheeks get a little red, the sight is so cute I almost say it out loud but I stop myself. Connor doesn't seem like the person who would like being called cute.

He clears his throat, seaming a little flustered all of a sudden, "Uhm its nothing its just- you look different."

I frown at him tilting my head, "Different? What do you mean different? It's probably just my puffy eyes."

You could tell easily if I cried, my cheeks get red as well as my nose and my eyes would stay puffy for a while.

It's not a pretty sight.

I still can't believe Connor had to see me like that, I'm kind of horrified by the tear stains that I left on his shirt. I'm trying my best to act like it never happened. It's the only way I can survive the embarrassment.

He shakes his head "No, not that" He turns his head back to the road and starts driving. He glances at me for a second before bringing his eyes back to the semi empty road. It was a quiet day today in our small town. Probably because of the cloudy weather.

"I've never seen your hair pulled back, you usually keep it down." He finally says after a while, "It looks...It looks good."

He doesn't look at me, instead he keeps his full attention on the road as he parks by the sidewalk, at a place I don't recognize.

I smile shyly, not being able to help myself. "Thank you Con. I usually like keeping it down more but I pull it up when I'm not bothered to deal with it."

"Well-" He turns to me after he parks the car and closes the engine, "-you look good either way."

And at that he turns and gets out of the car leaving me red and alone staring at the place he just was. I'm jolted from my thoughts when he opens the door to my side leaving me again flustered for what seems like the millionth time that day.

Getting out of the car I looked around not recognizing this place, it was quiet with a few shops littering around. I could see a boutique that looked so lovely as well as a bookstore!!

A wide smile was instantly on my face as I looked around there were lights hanging up across the stores and the place just looked magical.

"I didn't know we had a place like this in Lockwood,'' I say, referring to the town we both grew up in. I looked  in awe towards Con who was standing beside me. When I looked at him he was already staring at me. My cheeks warm before I turn my gaze back to the beautiful streets.