.-~Chapter Twenty Seven ~-.

'~Connor~'

Not only do I have the pleasure of seeing Delilah cheer for me during my game, wearing my jersey with my name on it, but I also have her in between my arms.

Oh wasn't that just the damn cherry on top.

I haven't let go of her ever since I got it out of her mind that I could never be embarrassed of her. If anything I was just waiting for tonight so that I could shout it from the rooftops that Delilah was finally mine.

Just like I was hers. Like I have been for years. From the moment I saw her bright smile and that kindness that emits from her wherever she goes.

I was a complete goner when it came to her. It became my first priority to always be the one who caused that beautiful smile to appear, to be the one that makes her laugh and most importantly be the one that makes her blush.

Like right now.

Our group has been talking and exchanging stories for the past half hour but my focus has only been on Delilah, how could it not be when her frame was leaned against mine while my arm was around her shoulders, playing with the ends of her hair. Her red cheeks have been a permanent feature to her since I hugged her earlier.

And I couldn't lie and say it wasn't my favorite sight to see. Especially knowing I'm the reason for it.

I move my head towards the side of her head ignoring the conversation happening around me, "Come with me?" I ask her, wanting nothing more than to just talk and hold her.

She leans into me making my heart pound against my chest, "mhm" she says quietly.

I intertwined our fingers together before excusing us both from the group, "we'll see you guys before the game."

Liam's eyes meet mine a question in his look, I shake my head.

Not yet.

If this night goes according to how I planned I'll be telling her my feelings in the perfect setting.

Which definitely isn't Redwood's soccer field.

I lead Delilah towards the bleachers but before we sit down I spin her around while she laughs. "What was that for?"

I smirk at her pretty face, "you look really good in that jersey," I say in response.

The jersey with my name and my number on it.

She smiles shyly before we both sit down. As soon as we sit, I take off my sweatshirt leaving me just in my long sleeved shirt before putting the sweatshirt on Delilah's lap making it a makeshift pillow for my head.

"What is it?" she asks quietly, as her hands move through my hair making my eyes involuntarily close.

I smile softly, my eyes still closed. "Nothing" I reply and I mean it. Nothing is wrong, because how could it when the girl I love was so close to being mine.

When I open my eyes a few minutes later, Delilah is still running her hands through my hair threatening to make me fall asleep again. The sun is shining brightly at her, illuminating her face and beautiful green eyes. Her brown hair looks almost golden under the light.

I don't think I could ever truly comprehend her beauty.

My beautiful girl.

Her eyes look down to me and a soft grin appears on her face. "Hey sleepy head." I grin lazily at her and continue to stare, causing her to laugh.

Oh how much I adored that laugh.

"What?" she asks me with a laugh when I continue to look at her with what I know is pure adoration.