.-~Chapter Sixteen ~-.

'~Delilah~'

I'm laughing so much my stomach is starting to hurt.

I wipe my tears as I try to sober up, "Liam please stop, my stomach hurts." I say after another round of laughter

Liam grins over at me before he looks back to the road.

"As your funniest friend it's my job to make you laugh so much."

I shake my head with a grin. Liam had showed up on my doorstep unannounced and demanded that we go out and spend a 'Liam and Delilah day' together.

We spent the morning at The Blue with some hot chocolate, then he took me for a walk at the park and now we were going to a mystery location.

I've been trying to get it out of him for the past ten minutes. Instead of giving me an answer he'll say something to make me laugh.

"So.." he starts، looking at me and for the first time that day his eyes aren't filled with amusement but instead he looks serious.

"What is it?" I ask, quickly sitting up.

When we stop at the red light he narrows his eyes at me.

I frown, becoming confused at his sudden change in mood.

"What are your intentions with my best friend Delilah?" He says with the most serious deep tone that the car goes completely silent.

He cracks first, when his lips tug up slightly, before we know it we're both laughing hysterically. "What are you talking about?" I say in between laughs, as Liam turns his head to continue driving.

He grins slightly glancing at me, "I'm serious, what's up with you two?"

"What do you mean?" I'm still smiling, but it fades slightly when I see that  he's back to his serious face.

"Liam?"

"Come on Del, nothing' is going on between you two?"

My eyes widen, and I feel my face heating up "N-no what? No."

"We're friends, Liam. That's it."

His face drops for a second, "So you're saying you don't feel anything towards him?"

I press my lips together and quickly look away. I'm pretty sure I'm blushing again.

Do I feel something for Connor?

No no, I tell myself, we're friends. Connor will never think of me anything other than that.

When I look at Liam I see that he's trying his best to conceal his smirk.

I narrow my eyes at him, and after a second he laughs, not being able to hold it in much longer.

"What? I ask him angrily, "Why are you laughing?"

He shakes his head with a huge smile on his face. "You're just a really adorable, oblivious girl."

I glare at him but his only reaction is to laugh. "You like him." he says in a sing-song voice.

"Liam, stop that, I don't," I say quickly in a hushed tone as if someone was listening.

We were in a car alone.

I may be a straight A student but that doesn't mean I have common sense.

I'm book smart, not street smart.

"Connor thinks of me as a friend and I do too, that's it." I say finally. I say it more to remind myself than to remind him.

He nods with a look that tells me he thinks what I'm saying is plain old lies.