.-~Chapter Seventeen ~-.

'~Connor~'

"SURPRISE"

I watch her face as it lights up under the bright sun, her grin widens as she takes the whole place in.

Mia's backyard is covered with balloons, streamers and fairy lights. A table sits on the edge with a bunch of gifts, another table sits in the middle that has her cake on it.

Mia and Liam ordered a chocolate cake with white frosting, it had roses and flowers all over the cake with the number 17 candle on it. It fitted Delilah perfectly.

Her smile is bright, her face is glowing, the whole sight of her makes my heart beat faster. She looks beautiful.

Nothing new.

Mia told me earlier how she planned for Delilah to come here, and about all the clues she put in the room so Delilah could get ready.

I've got to give it to her, it was a smart idea.

Delilah is dressed in a simple white dress that makes her more radiating than usual. Her dark hair is let loose in waves reaching just below her shoulders. Her eyes lit up as the kids all went and ran towards her, with the exception of Noah who stayed beside me. The kid isn't bad I guess.

I hear her laugh as she kneels down to hug the two girls who are fighting for her attention.

She kisses both of their cheeks before hugging them, when she stands up she's immediately tackled in a hug by Liam, causing me to roll my eyes. I start heading towards them but I feel Noah stiffen beside me. I look down at him, he looks nervous about the idea of being left alone. I stifle a sigh and reach to grab his small hand in my much larger one. He looks up at me with a relieved look before we start heading towards Delilah.

Annabelle and Lily are bouncing around Delilah as she laughs and tries to get out of Liams hard hold.

Why the hell is he hugging her? He was with her for hours.

"Liam, it's okay. I forgive you."

"They made me do it," he says pointing at me and Mia, who in response rolls her eyes. "Liam would you let her go please, she says she forgives you"

"Fine" he says with a slight pout. He's a literal child. I glare at the back of his head. Once Delilah is free from his hold she quickly rushes to hug Mia tightly. The two best friends embracing causes me to smile slightly. I've never seen Mia look so soft. Her hands are wrapped tightly around Delilah, neither one of them has spoken yet, and yet they've said so much without speaking.

They really are platonic soulmates.

"Thank you" Delilah whispers, her eyes are closed as her face is buried in Mia's shoulder and I'm sure she's trying to stop herself from tearing up.

Mia tightens her hold on Delilah before pulling away slightly so they can talk. "I can't believe you did all this," Delilah says, wiping a tear. I smile at that, of course Delilah would tear up.

"It wasn't just me Mia" says fondly. It's so strange seeing the tough Mia acting so delicately. You just couldn't help it with Delilah, even though she was strong you couldn't help but see her as delicate and soft.

Mia pulls away and gestures to me which makes my eyes widen, I think I accidentally tighten my hand on Noahs.

When our eyes meet I feel the breath get knocked away from me, I forgot how stunning she is up close. Every time my eyes meet her beautiful green ones I forget everyone else. To me she's the only one that matters.