Three Months Later

•Christopher•

I stopped talking to Lily after that weekend. I tried texting her and calling to see if she wanted to hang out, but it never worked. She obviously wasn't interested in me. So I decided to give it some time.

Now three months have passed. I'm starting my senior year of high school and it's exciting yet scary at the same time. I've been at this school for the past 3 years, and after this one, I'll be leaving. It almost doesn't seem real.
But what I really can't believe is what happened at school today.

A girl with long hair and a confident smile walked towards me, and I thought I recognized her. But I wasn't sure. When she got closer, I realized who it was: Lily!

"Hey," I said curiously, wondering why she had approached me.

"Christopher, I am so sorry."

"Okay...?"

"I was so wrong to turn you down like I did three months ago. You're a really sweet guy and you didn't deserve that. I know it's a little late, but could we start over? I'd really like to be friends."

"Lily, I'm flattered," I said, making her smile. "But I don't think it's going to be that easy."

She frowned.

"I've had a crush on you since freshman year," I admitted. "And I'm still not over it. I don't think I can be friends with you."

"Seriously?" She sounded as if she was about to cry.

"No. I don't want to be friends. I want to be more than that."

"Oh." She paused, letting it all sink in. "Still? After everything I said?"

"Yes. More than anything."

Her face broke into a wide grin and she threw her arms around me.

"So, what do you think?" I said when we had finished hugging.

Without saying anything, she kissed me, and I allowed it to last more than a couple of seconds.

When she broke the kiss, she said, "I would love that."