corridors of her mind

:☆: ST4 E4 Spoilers, adaption of the storyline, anxiety, depression
...

September 20th, 1986

Crevases of my mind, let me free, please.
...

We drive to Hawkins Highschool, the lot was quite empty, it looked like a 'ghost town'.
We push through the heavy doors, a low slam following behind as they shut.
We walk through the eerie, empty school corridors, our footsteps echoing loudly behind as we strut.
A loud slam of doors erupts from down the corridor halls, Robin and Nancy came running towards our voices.
"It was here, right here!" Max said, a frightened look taking over every inch of her now even paler freckled face.
"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.
"It was so.. real!" Max stated.
"--And when I got closer, suddenly  I, I just, I woke up." She said frightened, eying down the corridor, the wall she had seen the eerie grandfather clock lay upon.

"It was like she was in a trance, or something..." Dustin said.
"Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin
Max turned around, facing towards the six of us, gasping.
"That's not even the bad part." She unevenly breathed out.

                            [...]

"Fred, and Chrissy, they both came to Mrs. Kelly for help." She said, pushing the paperwork towards the few of us.
"They were all having headaches, bad headaches, that just wouldn't go away, and then, ---then the nightmares, trouble sleeping, they'd wake up in a cold sweat, and then, --then they started seeing things, bad things, from their past, and these visions, they just kept on getting worse, and worse, until eventually, everything ended." Max stuttered.

You noticed her becoming even more unhinged, her breathing became hitched, her face even more panicked, you were worried.

...
"Vecna's curse." Robin said.
"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago, Fred, six days ago, I've been having them for five days." Max said, her face going blank in fear.
She sighed heavily.
Steve wiped his face, he feared of what was going to down in the next twenty-four hours.
"I don't know how long I have, all I know is that --for Fred and Chrissy, they died less than twenty-four hours after their first vision, and I just saw that goddamn clock so, looks like I'm going to die tommorow. " Max said, utterly terrified for the next twenty-four hours, aswell.

Henry kept his eyes planted on the office door, occasionally glancing at Max, in a slight expression of amusement.
Was it him, him being so tortuous?
I had to find out, immediately.
---I had to stop this madness, this insanity.

  ...

A loud screech of the doors erupted from down the halls.
"Stay here." Steve said, marching towards the office door, grabbing a short metal lamp; as a type of defense.
He walked through the door, a lowly creak coming from the office door.
We all look at him in confusion, probally because he quite literally picked up a lamp, a lamp for defense, the fuck?

We could hear a lowly creaking, coming from down the hall, it was most definitely Steve's 'lamp of self defense'.

We all march out grasping our flashlights, quietly following behind.
A loud, boom, quite similar  to a knocking sound came from a door, Steve held up the metal lamp, aiming directly towards the sound.
Someone came running out, as we all started screaming in shock.
"AHHHHHHHH!" They screamed.
"It's me, it's me!" They exclaimed.
"Jesus, Sinclair!" Steve breathed out.
It was Lucas.
"I'm sorry." Lucas said, out of breath, goraning.
"I could have taken you out with this lamp!" Steve shouted, still grasping onto the lamp, trying to prove a point.
"Sorry, guys!" Lucas said.
"I was, I was hiking for eight miles," Lucas explained, signaling for us to wait, as he was out of breath.
"Give me a second." He said.
"Shit," He unevenly breathed out.
"We've got a code red." Lucas said.
"What?" Steve asked in frustration.
Lucas walked closer near the few of us, breathing jagged.
"I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've went like totally off the rails, and they've been trying to capture Eddie, and they think that you know where he is, you're in terrible danger." Lucas said, motioning towards Dustin.
"Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we're got bigger problems than Jason right now," Dustin said, glancing at Maxine.
Lucas glanced at her aswell.

Max anxiously looked down at the linoleum floors.

...

We smile to hide the tears we cry, push it down, say we're fine.
...

We headed to the Wheeler's to brainstorm.
... "Uh.. Okay.. to be honest, do you guys understand any of this?" Steve asked.
"No." Lucas said.
"Pretty straightforward." Dustin said.
"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve said, sarcastically.
"What's confusing to you?" Dustin asked.
"So far, everyone that Vecna's cursed, has died except for this one guy, old Victor Creel dude, that Nancy found, he's the only know survivor, if anyone knows how to defeat this curse, it's gotta be him!" Dustin explained.
"Yeah, assuming that he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know." Steve argued.
He sighed.
"How could Vecna even had existed back in the fifties, it doesn't make sense." Steve said, rubbing his temple in frustration.
"As far as we know, Eleven didn't create, the upside down, she opened a gate to it--the upside down has probably been around for thousands of years, millions, I wouldn't even be suprised if it predated the dinosaurs!" Dustin exclaimed.
"Dinosaurs?" "What are you even talking about?" Steve groaned, waving his hands in confusion.
"Okay, but if they didn't exist in the fifties, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asked.
"Oh---and how is he getting through now?" Steve said, pointing directly at Lucas in response.
"--And why now?" Lucas continued.
"---And why then!" Steve said.
"What, So he just pops up in the fifties, kills a family, says "hey Im good" and 'poof' he just disappears, he's just, gone?"
"Only to return thirty years later, to start killing some random teens, nah, I don't buy it." Steve sighed, returning his focus on the newsletter, "straightforward, my ass, you know honestly Henderson, a little humility, man? Wouldn't hurt you." Steve said.

I started giggling at the argumentative boy's snarky responses.
I heard a sound from the stairs, causing me to look.
It was henry, just sitting there, his arms crossed.
I waved at him, he smiled in return.
I walked over to him, pecking him on the cheek, he layed me on his lap, I placed my head in the crook of his neck, as he hugged his arms around me.
"Hi." I said
"Hello, love." Henry said.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"Sorry for..?" Henry asked.
"That you have to hear about your family, and stuff." I explained.
"I don't need sympathy, I promise."
"---My father and mother were clearly just a waste of space, don't bother." He chuckled.
"Okay?" I said.
I had an eerie feeling to all of his words as of lately, but something still made we go to him.

I could feel the boy's eyes on us.
"Can you guys stop giggling, and help out?" Dustin said.
"Yeah, really guys seriously." Steve agreed.

I groaned, pulling Henry up with me, "With?"
"Just come here." Steve groaned back, mocking me.
I walked towards the angsty boys, kneeling near the sofa, turning on my heels, facing Dustin and Lucas.
"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin asked, glancing over to Max, seated at a wooden desk.
Lucas shook his head as a no.
Steve turned to look at her aswell, the chair creaked.
"Did she sleep?" Dustin asked.
"I don't know man, would you?" Lucas asked.
"I definitely couldn't." I said, as I looked at Henry.

A loud door slammed, Henry moved out the way, it was Nancy and Robin rushed down the stairs as if it was urgent.

"Okay, so--" Nancy said, as the pair glanced at eachother.
"--We have a plan." Nancy continued.

...

                            [...]