stained roses

:☆: !SMUT-ISH! ST4 S5 spoilers, cursing.
.... [🎼] CIGARETTE-MOTHICA [🎼]
September 21st, 1986

"Can you feel my heart?"

"Dustin, this is Eddie, the banished, Dustin? Can you hear me?" Eddie asked.
"Dustinnn, earth to Dustinnn." Eddie repeated.
"Hey it's Nancy," She sighed.
"Wheeler! Hey! Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery like, really soon unless you want me going out into the world.." Eddie said.
"No, no, don't do that." Nancy said.
"Just stay where you are, and we'llbe there as soon as we can." Nancy said.

"Yeah, yeah, listen um, can you pick me up a six-pack?"
"--I know it's stupid as shit drinking right now, but a cold beer would reallyyy calm my jangled nerves." Eddie said.

"Uh- I'm going to have to call you back!" Nancy panicked, quickly putting the walkie-talkie down.

"N-Don't you dare, Wheeler?!"
"Wheeler?" The box echoed.
...

I wake up, sitting up feeling all groggy and stuffy.
"Morning, sleepyhead." Nancy said, sming in my direction.
"Morning." I smile in return.
"Hey where's Max?" I asked.
She looked behind her, glancing at the orange sofa, beginning to panic.
She hurriedly went over to Dustin, kneeling to where he was leaning against a box television, sleeping.
"Dustin! Wake up!" She said sternly.
"Aren't you're supposed to be on Max watch!?" Nancy asked.
"Yup, yep, yup yep, yep, sorry!" He said as he rubbed his eyes, "Okay, then where is she?" She asked in frustration. "She's right there.."
"--A second ago! I swear I just dozed off for.. ugh.."
"--An hour.." Dustin said as he looked down to his wrist, a black banded watch wrapped around it.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" The two ran upstairs, rushing towards the kitchen, prepared to search every inch of the house.
I quickly followed behind the two.

We walk into the kitchen, worried expressions on each of our faces, relief taking over as soon as we spot Max, sitting at the rounded table.
Nancy and I sighed in relief.
"Morning guys!"
"Everything okay?" Mrs. Wheeler asked in a cheery tone, "Yeah, yeah! Everythings.. okay." Nancy said, putting a hand to her hip.

Max glanced over to us, slightly smiling.
"I think it's so sweet, that you guys are sticking together like this." Mrs. Wheeler said, smiling at us, a spatula and plate of pancakes in her hands.
"You could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Mr. Wheeler said in a snarky tone, glacing over his morning newspaper.
Nancy and I walked over to Max, getting seated near her.
"You know you're welcome anytime." Mrs. Wheeler said, smiling at Dustin.
"You're like family." Dustin said.
"May I?" Dustin asked, pointing at the platter of pancakes.
"Absolutely!" Mrs. Wheeler said in a cheery tone, handing Dustin a ceramic plate.
"Yeah, why not? Take us for all we're worth." Mr. Wheeler said.
"Okay." Dustin said, sarcastically smiling at his snarky remark.
He grabbed four pancakes and a piece of bacon, smiling at Mr. Wheeler as he did it.
I spat out a bit of my orange juice at the conversation, trying to hold my laughs as I sat aside Nancy.
"Hey," Max said tiredly.
"Hey," Nancy replied.

"You okay?" Nancy asked Max.
"Just couldn't sleep, people kept blasting music in my ears for some reason." Max said half jokingly, Nancy let out a soft chuckle.
"But, Holly let me borrow some of her crayons, we've been having a fun morning, right Holly?"
"Mmhm!" Holly replied, playing with her light up board

"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asked, pulling a vague red drawing towards her.
"It's supposed to be." Max sighed.
"I Thought it'd be easier to draw it out, then to explain it.. not so much." Max said, letting a pained sigh out.
"What's that?" I interjected, pulling a vague red drawing towards myself.
"It's like they were.. on display or something, and then there was this red fog, everywhere." Max said, gesturing to the plain red drawings surrounding the others.