Chapter 19

Lee's POV

I've been walking around the sewers for a good 25 minutes now as I try to find a way back up while also looking for Y/N, Aiden, and Chuck. There was the occasional walker or two that I had to take care of, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I had to also deal with a little puzzle to get a group of walkers attention to make a clear path. Once the walkers cleared out I came across  a dead body of an old man.

Lee: Jesus, poor guy. He must have tried to hide out down here. Poor bastard.

I notice a gun, but I find it to be empty.

Lee: No bullets. He must have saved the last one for himself. You deserve better old man.

I notice another walker down the way as I I a determined look on my face to take this walker down. As I sneaked up on it a walker's hand grabs my foot from underneath temporarily stopping me. This grabs the other walkers attention as it starts to turn around and approach me. I take the ice pick to pry the walkers hand off of me then I take it to stab the walker in front of me in the head. I check behind me if the others heard anything. I find out the coast is clear as I make my way further down into the sewers. I come across a door.

Lee: Locked, fucking perfect.

I use the ice pick to pry it open, but the handle breaks off.

Lee: Shit it broke off. Well there is no way imma bust that thing open.

I look above me as I notice light coming from another manhole. I prepare myself to use the ice pick to lift myself up, but as I hit my foot on the sign in front of me it moves knocking me off balance.

Lee: What the hell?

It seems loose so, I just push it off the wall revealing a huge hole in the wall. I check behind me one last time to make sure the other walkers aren't walking over here. I see they are still distracted and make my way into the hole. (Insert sexual jokes now)

I enter a small looking room with a buck bed and shelves of food and supplies enough to keep people alive for months. Wondering if anyone lives down here I see another door as I open it to find a group of old people as they all look at me shocked then I hear a gun clicked and see one of them having their gun trained on me.

???: Who are you?

Lee: It's alright. It's ok. Uhhhh, I don't want any trouble.

???: Neither do we. Which is why, you'd be wise to turn around and leave. Right now!

Lee: Look, I'm sorry if I disturbed you folks. I'll just be going.

???: You can't let him leave, he's from Crawford. If he goes back and they find out where down here.

???: Are you from Crawford? And don't lie to me. I'll know.

???: Where else could he be from? Everyone else from around here is dead?

??? Then how do you explain us you dumb fuck?

I hear a familiar voice as I see Y/N, Aiden, and Chuck appear from behind some cabinets.

Y/N: I literally just told you 5 minutes ago we have a group out there and one of them consists of a black guy with a walkie talkie.

Y/N walks over to me and points out the walkie talkie.

Y/N: And oh what do you know, a black guy with a walkie talkie.

???: You can't be to careful.

Y/N: I get that Brie, but I am telling you and Vernon this is the guy I was telling you about.