Chapter 1: Moving Day

"Grace wake up," yelled my mom from downstairs.
"What!"
"Moving day!!"
"Ugh why do we have to move to California?"
"I like it here in Utah."
"We just need to start a new life that's all."
"That's all!" I shouted from my room. "I'm leaving all my friends and family."
"Get your butt down here Grace Woods!"
"I'm coming, I'm coming."
I walk down the steps slowly. I see many many boxes of stuff. "Good morning sunshine," said my mom turning around while flipping pancakes. "They smell good," I said as a took a seat in our very crowded kitchen.
"What time did you get up at?"
She though for a moment,"Three I think."
"Mom your going to tire yourself out."
"It'll all be over soon."
"Hey do you mind getting the orange juice out," as she opens up the fridge with her foot.
I get out of the chair. I bend over looking for it. "Gotcha," I whispered to myself.
I get two glasses out of the almost empty cupboard. They cling as I sat them on the table. I was pouring when i heard a knock on the door.
"Hello?"
"Hi we're the moving company."
I opened the door, "there everywhere start wherever you feel."
They started packing everything up and putting it into there truck. Three hours later....
"That's everything," said one of the movers shutting the back of the truck.
"Thank you so much," said my mom. I had to go get one thing out of my room that I knew the movers didn't pack. It was a picture of my dad and I. I grabbed it out of my closet. I looked at it and smiled.
"I miss you dad."
I then held it in my arms tightly and ran down the steps.
"You ready," asked my mom shutting off the lights.
"Yeah," I sighed.
"Ok come one."
I almost walked out but turned and took a good last look. "I'll miss you house," I said sadly. I shut the door.