Chapter 14: Modern Upgrades

You followed Horror with a little more pep in your step then earlier, the anxiety and stress slipping straight off your shoulders. Horror hadn't said much the entire time you were walking together, but you'd occasionally see him glance over his shoulder to check up on you.

You both soon arrived at the living room's entrance. You poked your head in only to see that it had been an absolute mess. Towers of unpacked boxes lay stacked in the background, as the space inbetween the couches was filled with cardboard, bubblewrap, plastic, and equipment.

"Heh, hello again you two." Dust spoke, hanging one arm over the back of the couch as he turned to face you, while the other hand was tangled up with cords. You gave Dust an excited wave and opened your mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off by Killer.

"Jeez, ya finally found her huh? We've been here an hour setting this shit up while you were off playing hide 'n fucking seek with a ghost." He snapped, hands on his hips as he faced You and Horror, a set of instructions scrunched in one hand.

Horror had been looking for me for an hour...? I must've been stressing for longer than I thought....

You snapped back from your thoughts when Horror made his way over to Dust, dropping himself on the couch next to him.

You shyly made your way over to the back of the couch, trying to ignore Killer and the daggers being stared into your core from him. His gaze snapped back to Horror.

"Yeah yeah, whateva, she's 'ere now." Horror replied, set off by Killer's strange mood.

"Oi, you watch your tone big guy, just remember it was you that got us stuck unpacking all this shit in the first place.." Killer snapped, stomping over to Horror before jabbing an allen key against his sternum in an accusatory way.

Dust let out a scoff before turning back to you, ushering you to take a seat next to him. You followed and took a seat, hovering just above the couch cushions to 'sit' next to Dust.

Dust had gone back to detangling cords, as Horror went to observe the box they'd been currently unpacking. Killer however had moved away from the couch and was reading the paper instructions he scrunched up earlier, while checking each wall with a measuring tape. Killer's measuring tape had been similar to one you owned, although his wasn't rusty and was covered in a lot of hard yellow plastic.

You watched him from a distance, before slowly approaching with caution. Upon closer inspection, it turns out that the instructions were for something called a '40" flat screen tv with wall mount.' which you could only assume that it was like your box television, except it was going on the wall?

"You can put a television on the wall? Is that difficult?" Y/N asked curiously, looking to Killer who had been observing each wall of the living room for a place to put the tv.

"No, not really." Killer replied simply, taking the weirdly shaped metal rectangle that Dust handed him. He held it against the wall in multiple areas, you assumed that's what the tv was going to connect to. You followed him at a distance.

"What's that?"

Killer sighed, his arms dropping from their position in an annoyed manner as he reluctantly dropped his head in your direction.

"It's a mounting bracket, we'll need to drill it into the wall." He sighed before turning back to his work.

"Drill?" You questioned. You had a drill your father packed away somewhere with all the other tools, but you had a feeling it wouldn't be much use here. You were very excited to see how it had changed over the years.

Killer grunted, swinging his arms back beside his body aggressively before turning to the others who had practically been doing nothing of use.

"Oi! Dust! Take this one off me will ya? I'm trying ta think." Killer yapped, gesturing to you before tossing Horror the mounting bracket which he caught with ease.