Chapter 25: Draw Four

Later that day...

After many attempts, your first attempt at performing a spell was successful! It took a long time, sure, but through perseverance you did it!

Since you successfully performed your first spell with Nightmare's much-appreciated help you decided to wander around the manor while the others ate, searching for other things you could curse.

Your mind immediately went to cleaning supplies, brooms and such. But what else could you do beyond that? Would you be able to curse clothes to wear?

What if you could curse food and be able to eat it? If you did so, you wouldn't be able to digest it.... So what then? You shuddered at the thought of one of the others pulling the food back through your esophagus...

P-..Perhaps not..

Although the possibilities were endless, your magic was not, and it was hard limiting and pacing yourself when you were so curious about these new experiences.

Though you would like some new clothes... you'll have to ask Nightmare about it later...

Maybe Error..? You pondered, thinking back on the conversation from last night.

Regardless, you continued searching and gathering items you used frequently. Whether you were physically collecting them, or just making a mental note, you had gathered a substantial amount of items. You decided to pool them together on a small table in the second-floor hallways while you continue your search.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" a low rough voice spoke from behind you.

Ah, you knew that accent anywhere

"Horror!" You spun around, "You spooked me there, haha!"

Horror chuckled lowly, although anxiously picking at the crack in his skull.

If being around Horror had taught you anything, it was that his picking was a bad sign... Now that you thought about it, he did look a little unsettled, like something was on his mind.

"Are you alright?" You asked casually, gently pulling his hand from his skull. Horror refocused his attention back on you.

"Yeah, 'm jus' a bit outta it..." Horror admitted, now fidgeting with the inside of his hoodie pocket. "Watcha doin'?"

"Oh, not much. I'm just going around the manor looking for things I can curse." You explained, gesturing to the group of items on the nearby table. Horror looked puzzled by this, reminding you that he had no idea what you were talking about.

"Ah, sorry! Nightmare and I were doing some magic earlier this morning." You elaborated, flying over to the nearby table and taking the pen from the pile. Nightmare had let you keep it as a memory of your first spell.

"Look!" You announced, holding the pen out to him. Once again, Horror looked very confused.

You waited a moment before grabbing Horror by the hand, guiding his hand from beneath yours holding the pen. As Horror's hand phased through yours, the pen followed. A look of realisation washed over Horror's skull.

"Incredible, isn't it?" You smiled, taking the pen back from him.

"So yer gonna do more?" Horror asked, stepping over to the table to observe it more closely.

"Yes, I was going to take some things up to Nightmare's office in just a moment." You replied, eyeing through the pile for the lightest items.

"Can I help?" Horror asked, turning his skull toward you. Although the fluff of his hood obscured most of his face, you were still able to catch a glimpse of his grin when you said yes.