Chapter Six

Carlton was frustrated. He tried not to be, but the demon inside of him now inhabiting his body was a little too curious for his own good. Riot was constantly asking questions and Carlton resolutely answered them, feeling like a parent talking with a toddler.

Except Riot was a really really big toddler. With sharp teeth and claws that could literally do anything they wanted to him and—

No. No. He was not thinking about that right now. Right now he was focusing on making lunch. He was starving and Riot wouldn't stop pestering him about it.

What are you making? Riot asked as the man started making a smoothie.

"A smoothie," Drake replied calmly.

Why is there no meat inside?

"You already told me you don't like dead meat," Carlton sighed. "Besides, I don't eat meat. I'm a vegan."

Vegan? A short moment of silence as Riot lazily flipped through Drake's memories. A short, displeased grunt. You're disgusting.

"Hey, don't get all upset, it's my decision," Carlton replied, stirring the mashed fruit together. Riot made a face inside and growled.

How do you even survive just eating this disgusting shit? Not eating meat is not good for you.

"And you would know this because....?"

I know everything about you, Carlton. I'm inside your head.

"Yes, yes, you've said so many times before," Carlton sighed and finally walked over to the living room to sit down on the couch and began to sip his smoothie.

I don't see how you can drink this shit. It's revolting, Riot grumbled.

"Well, if you don't like it then—" Carlton was cut off when he felt Riot oozing out of him.

Watching the giant spread up over him into that familiar full form, wings expanded dramatically, Carlton felt a sudden thrill ignite inside of his being. Riot must have felt it because he grinned slyly and loomed over the sitting man, huge hands resting on either side of the couch.

"I already did," he replied.

"You do understand that I don't like meat, don't you?" Carlton muttered, diverting his gaze a little.

"Yes, that's why you eat this horrendous stuff," Riot replied with a wry chuckle. "But there are complications here. I need meat to survive. Not dead meat. Live meat."

"I think I can find something for you," Carlton said, taking another sip. "We can head to the Life Foundation and use some of the lab animals and—"

"You're just saying this so you can get your work done," the demon smiled, shaking his head.

Carlton smiled slightly, his eyes getting even more funnily attractive than before. Riot liked it when Carlton smiled.

"Maybe," he replied with a smirk. He paused. "How much do you need to consume to fully survive?" he wondered tentatively.

"It depends," the demon growled toothily, pressing closer. "When are we leaving?"

"Uh....after I'm done here," Carlton said, not daring to look up.

"Hmm. Fine. Then let's make it interesting, shall we?"

"What?"

"Since I've told you everything to know about me..." Riot leaned closer and Carlton could hear the couch groan with the weight of the beast above him. "Tell me more about you humans... and no holding back. Remember...."