Chapter Nine

Riot looked at the laptop sitting on the desk a few feet away. Glancing down at Carlton, he noted that the man was in a deep sleep. It was twelve o'clock and the man had decided to turn in earlier than usual. Riot hadn't objected and had turned to watching some television. Once he had gotten bored of that, he sat and thought for a few moments.

Carlton was a good host. A good passenger. Perfect for him. They were perfect. Riot knew this and was pretty proud of the fact that he had reached the "marriage" stage. Most demons never even made it past the bonding stage.

Even so, Riot felt as if something was off. Yes, something was off in their relationship. Of course, Carlton had accepted him and all that, but Riot knew something more was barring the way.

Carlton didn't trust him.

He didn't care for him.

Sure, he gave Riot food and all that, but that was because Riot would start becoming cranky and moody with him.

Riot knew Carlton was afraid of him. But it was a healthy fear, not one of trembling or resentment. It was respect, and there was a lot of it that radiated from Cartlon. Carlton knew what Riot could do to him and treaded carefully. Riot wasn't a pet, he was a dangerous, man-eating predator.

Riot wanted to show Carlton that he really cared for him. Of course, he fucked him up pretty well sometimes, but Riot felt like something was missing. Something told him that Carlton thought that Riot was only using him.

And Riot wanted to prove to him that he indeed loved Carlton.

But where to start?

Riot remembered that Carlton had told him the internet was a good place to start for answers. For things like this....Riot was skeptical. But now he eagerly opened up the laptop and started typing:

How to tell your....

He paused. Would Carlton be offended if he was Riot's girlfriend? Shaking the thought off, he resumed typing. It was kind of hard with his large hands so he shrunk down inside of Carlton's sleeping body, allowing only his head and a few tentacles to unfurl from him.

.... girlfriend that you love her.

He clicked enter and waited for the options to appear.

Hmm. Interesting .

His eyes squinted as he and across the different options. Getting even more curious, he began typing again.

Things to do for your girlfriend.

Oh! Lots of options here!

Pick Up Her Portion of the Chores.

Surprise Your Wife with Random Gifts.

Tell Your Wife How Much You Appreciate Her.

Spend Quality Time Together.

Show Her Some Love and Affection.

Riot glanced down at the sleeping man beneath him and smiled.

Well, showing love and affection would be easy as hell. The others Riot would have to practice on.

But he was still curious. Turning back to the computer, Riot began to type again.

Carlton....

Carlton woke up a few mornings later to feel a large tentacle ever so gently caressing his temple. It felt nice and he sighed before he caught himself caving in to the affection.