Chapter Ten

Things to do for Your Girlfriend/Wife:

Pick Up Her Portion of the Chores

Surprise Your Wife with Random Gifts

Tell Your Wife How Much You Appreciate Her

Spend Quality Time Together

Show Her Some Love and Affection

Pick Up Her Portion of the Chores

Carlton was surprised by Riot’s behavior. The demon was actually helping him. Well, something was going on. Carlton wasn’t blind, but he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Riot actually helped him with the dishes.

Like, actually helped.

Since he didn’t have a dishwasher, Carlton had to do it by hand. He never really enjoyed doing dishes but he sort of had to.

He never heard the thoughts flitting around in Riot’s mind as the demon watched from a little ways. The man was bent over the sink, trying to scrub some burnt eggs off the pan.

Riot smiled a little as he looked on. Humans. So weak. Riot headed over.

Carlton jumped a little when he felt those two large hands around his waist from behind. Dropping the pan back into the soapy water, he gasped but then realized it was just Riot. 

Riot chuckled, amused.

Aww, it’s okay, Carl~,” he said in the man’s ear. “It’s just me~.”

“Don’t call me that,” the man muttered, looking at the soap suds in the sink.

Why not? It’s cute….~” Riot purred as one large hand rested on Carlton’s waist while the other came up to take the rag out of the man’s hand.

“Hey, I sort of need that,” Carlton stated as he grabbed for the wet rag. Riot only grinned and swatted him with it gently, making the man flinch and smile a little as the soap flicked onto his face.

“You got soap all over me,” he muttered but he wasn’t upset. Riot's deep, rough chuckle mixed with his low rumbling.

“I mean it, Riot.”

“Ah, but you liked that~," Riot replied silkily. 

“Gimme the rag back.”

No. I’m helping you, now shut up and let me help you,” Riot retorted, giving him a playful swat on the behind.

“H-hey, off limits,” Carlton said but he blushed. 

None of you is “off limits'' for me,” Riot replied with a wide grin. “You’re practically stuck with me.”

Carlton laughed.

“You’re not wrong,” he replied.